Close

RAcarboy

Suspension Update - Spring Rates/Koni Yellows

Originally posted by Suk02Si
    any idea what the spring rates are? Would they be stiffer than Neuspeeds? I have no idea what neuspeed rates are:(
    I talked to Neuspeed the other day and I asked them if Koni was going to be coming out with an application specific for the Civic Si's. They told me "no." Basically, they say that you can just modify the Koni Yellows a little bit and it should fit the Civic Si just fine.

As far as spring rates go, coilover sleeves usually have high spring rates than progressive rate lowering springs (ie. Neuspeed Race, Eibach Sportline). When you get coilover sleeves, you will most probably need to upgrade your shocks or you will blow them out. Traditionally, the spring rates on coilover sleeves have run between 350-500 lbs. You'll probably want something like Koni yellows.

I talked to Tokico the other day as well and they said that they are probably going to release a gas shock application for the Civic Si around the end of summer.

My recommendation is if you don't want to shell out the 1400+ for some TEIN SS full coilover system, get the Skunk2 + Koni combo.

heh, I don' remember saying that:D

Suck that Koni wont have a specific application for us, I liked Tokico better anyway;)

RAcarboy
    Originally posted by Suk02Si
    heh, I don' remember saying that:D

Suck that Koni wont have a specific application for us, I liked Tokico better anyway;)
    You posted that in the vendor groupbuy area. I just copied it and posted it here so that someone would actually see the post.

Are the Tokico's going to be direct replacements or you have to modify the front shock like Koni's?

I still don't think the Koni/Ground Control setup is the way to go on the ep3. While it works really well on the older Hondas, I've read and personally saw all of the troubles the Grassroots Civic had with the setup.

My opinion is that the threads sit too high on the perch and you can't get enough shock travel when you lower the car because the oem style of shock is just too tall.

I'd recommend that either you buy an adjustable stroke/height type of setup like the Tein Type flex or just do lowering springs on stock shocks and wait until a better solution comes out.

Thread Information