Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My dyno run (updated)

Monday morning I will be going for my first dyno run. I'm gonna get one quick pull for a baseline with cai and midpipe. I'll install my heatshield gasket on wednesday and go for another run on thursday to see if it made a difference. The shop owner was curious to see if the gasket would do anything so he's giving me a pretty good deal if I do a before and after.
    Last edited by Suk02Si; 02-20-2003 at 05:17 PM.

So I went for a quick run this morning.

144hp/128tq

Torque seems a little on the low side? At exactly 5000rpm the torque dropped rapidly. I don't have a print out yet, their printer was falling apart. I will have it on thursday though.

How many miles on your car when you got it dynoed? I'm getting mine dynoed in 2 weeks, but I'll probably only have 2,000 miles on it...I am afraid I'll get low numbers:(

I have 6500mi on the car and used 91 octane.

Originally posted by Suk02Si
    So I went for a quick run this morning.

144hp/128tq

Torque seems a little on the low side? At exactly 5000rpm the torque dropped rapidly. I don't have a print out yet, their printer was falling apart. I will have it on thursday though.
    That's not too bad, but I got you beat with my cheap sri and hp header 146whp :p horse power wise that is.
    Wait a little longer till you at least pass 10k, I sware to freakin God, but car came to life at about that mileage. My torque was way lower though....122...probably this cheap ass sri. I see a comptech in the future for me. Also, get a header man...I never experienced a 4 banger react to a header like mine did. if you care about torque, I guess stay with the dc header...I'm more into the highend, so the hp works for me.
    Later, good luck.

not to shabby ... -Joe :)

I'm selling my DC header. After the first one fell apart on me I decided not to install the new one. I think I'll hold out for the Borla, I love the fact that it gets rid of the down pipe;)

Originally posted by Suk02Si
    I'm selling my DC header. After the first one fell apart on me I decided not to install the new one. I think I'll hold out for the Borla, I love the fact that it gets rid of the down pipe;)
    does this replace the cat as well? Or is going to have to be welded on to the cat...since our downpipe is welded to the cat

david borla
    Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

does this replace the cat as well? Or is going to have to be welded on to the cat...since our downpipe is welded to the cat
    This is a bolt on header. You cut the downpipe about 2.5" in front of the cat, then the Borla lower section slides over the cat inlet which provides attachment for the header to the cat (this is where it will be clampled), also retaining the factory style ball joint.

In order to be street legal, you will have to weld instead of using the clamp. So we strongly recommend that you weld it.

I need to be very clear that if you clamp it, it is not street legal.

Originally posted by david borla

You cut the downpipe about 2.5" in front of the cat.
    I wanted you to clarify this before and you said NO modification to the downpipe was required...but NOW you say there is modification requried to the downpipe.

I hope you provide instructions for this mod. I know some will not want to make these changes. I really don't care about doing this myself, but think clarification is required if anyone picks one of these up. Pictures speak 1000 words David.;)

david borla
    Originally posted by myeverlovinsir

I wanted you to clarify this before and you said NO modification to the downpipe was required...but NOW you say there is modification requried to the downpipe.

I hope you provide instructions for this mod. I know some will not want to make these changes. I really don't care about doing this myself, but think clarification is required if anyone picks one of these up. Pictures speak 1000 words David.;)
    My apologies for the confusion. Our idea was to replace the OE downpipe and give more length to the header. Since the factory downpipe is welded to the cat, you will need to cut it off to remove it. In our case, we left 2.5" of the downpipe so the header can be slid over and clamped. I'll post pics once I get one off the line.

We look at it as replacing the downpipe.

Hope this clears things up.

My apologies for the confusion. Our idea was to replace the OE downpipe and give more length to the header. Since the factory downpipe is welded to the cat, you will need to cut it off to remove it. In our case, we left 2.5" of the downpipe so the header can be slid over and clamped. I'll post pics once I get one off the line.

We look at it as replacing the downpipe.

Hope this clears things up.
    Fair enough, I look forward to the pics.:)

david borla

Fair enough, I look forward to the pics.:)
    I don't have an Si here at the moment so I can only post pics of the header by itself. I won't be able to show you what it looks like on the vehicle. Will that suffice?

I don't have an Si here at the moment so I can only post pics of the header by itself. I won't be able to show you what it looks like on the vehicle. Will that suffice?
    I think I speak for all of us, any pics of your header design is welcome. Please post any if you have them. tks:D

david borla

I think I speak for all of us, any pics of your header design is welcome. Please post any if you have them. tks:D
    You got it!! As soon as I have one, I'll take a pic and post it for you. Thanks for the interest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information