Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ephatch member

Is there any news about the 2003 Civic Si?

Does anyone know what changes, if any, are planned for the 2003 Si?

So far, the only one is that the gold color is out, and it will be replaced with some sort of blue. Probably the same blue has the RSX Type S.

The US may also get the red Si (Canada has them for 2002), but that is unconfirmed.

When something comes up, I guarantee you that it will be on here, so keep on checkin'.

MagusDC5
    Ive heard the color on the Si will be called "Vivid Blue Pearl".

The S' is "Arctic Blue Pearl"...it will probably be a variation.

as far as I can tell, don't count on a 2003 si.

ephatch member
    The current Si may be discontinued? That's kind of a huge revelation.

The Ass Shaker Mod DJQuikFingaz's Avatar
    You obviously can't tell very far.

MagusDC5
    Originally posted by DJQuikFingaz

You obviously can't tell very far.
    Yea exactly...Si models last the year duration of the Generation.

chunky what are you talking about what are your sources

Si models last the year duration of the Generation.
    YUP!

Originally posted by chunky
    If anything we may see a non Si hatch for 2003 and maybe just maybe a Type R (fingers crossed) Sure the Si is not selling at record breaking numbers, but this is why Honda has the Accord and Non hatch Civic's and CRV's. Hey they don't sell NSX's that much. Remember, the 02 Si is a limited production car, and I'm sure we will see it for 2003, but then again what do I know.

maybe just maybe a Type R (fingers crossed)
    *also crossing fingers**and toes**and legs**and arms**hell, i'm crossing my eyes!*

Originally posted by SBC31

If anything we may see a non Si hatch for 2003 and maybe just maybe a Type R (fingers crossed) Sure the Si is not selling at record breaking numbers, but this is why Honda has the Accord and Non hatch Civic's and CRV's. Hey they don't sell NSX's that much. Remember, the 02 Si is a limited production car, and I'm sure we will see it for 2003, but then again what do I know.
    The 2002 si is a veritable flop at the dealerships. Honda may be looking to recoup their image, but most likely, as you so astutely mentioned, they will not try to do it in hatchback form.

I highly doubt that the CTR will come over. Not only would honda have to have the car crash tested etc, but they would also be risking the fact that no one would buy it due to it's styling. I mean, american buyers begged honda for another si hatch. Honda delivered, and no one bought it. Honda has always proven itself to be a very conservative car maker. They are a relatively small company in the automotive world, and they can't go around bringing over any special limited edition model they want w/o incurring huge financial losses.

Honda had already pulled the hatch from the U.S. markets once, and I'm sure they won't hesitate to do it again. once the 30,000 si's that were marked for the u.s. are sold, don't expect to see another hatch from them in awhile.

SiVTEC
    Hopefully red will be available:D

[QUOTEs]Originally posted by chunky

"The 2002 si is a veritable flop at the dealerships."

Reply: Not in the Washington DC area they're not. Now, if you mean the dealers haven't been able to surcharge customers, that's correct. Personally, I thought it was great to get 8% off the MSRP.

"I highly doubt that the CTR will come over. Not only would honda have to have the car crash tested etc . . ."

Reply: Nope, Honda wouldn't have to recertify the crashworthiness of the chassis. More specifically, the "hard points" -- A-, B- and C- pillars, windshield location, seats, steering wheel, belts, etc., are all unchanged. Honda would have to certify that the chassis (except for the springs, shocks, wheels) is identical to the current Si, but another certification process would not be required.

Same for the engine: Unless Honda chose a different ECM for the CTR, the R engine has already been certified for sale in the Acura.

"I mean, American buyers begged honda for another si hatch. Honda delivered, and no one bought it."

Reply: I disagree that "no one bought [them]." Honda imported 7,000 (not 30k) '02 Si's. They are not selling at a premium, but they are selling. It's my hunch -- and it's only a hunch, of course -- is that there are a lots of enthusiasts who are sitting on the sidelines believing Honda will import the CTR and an Acura Type R. (Certainly you see that here in the responses from owners who either want an R now, or who hope that Honda will hold off for at least another year before bringing the car in so their Si's would drop significantly in value. I don't think that's an issue because Honda has always waited at least two years before ramping up to another edition of an existing line.)

In summary, I think you're expecting too much from this car. Like the S2000, it was inevitable that this model would only sell to those who wanted what the Si is - something different from the norm.
    Last edited by Mechanic; 07-29-2002 at 04:28 AM.

I agree with Mechanic.

Chunky, you are also just using your gut feeling on what they will do for 2003, but again, the 02 Si's are not meant to break record numbers.

I bet Honda still has the Civic Hatch for 2003.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information