Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Audio Upgrades?

ephatch member

Question Audio Upgrades?

Has anyone started to upgrade their stereo yet? I usually use Crutchfield to see what will fit, but they haven't added the SI yet.

Mulder
    I personally haven't upgraded the system yet. But I have heard it's kinda a pain in the arse to get to the front speakers, the door panels have to come off. I am thinking about an amplified sub to add to the stock system.

sup i have put a new system in my civic dont do it it cost alot of money to get the dash custom cut they dont have a dash kit for the new civics yet my advice is to wait till they do if you want pics use aim gunrunnerpl im in ATL i can send you pics on monday

ephatch member
    Originally posted by Mulder
    I personally haven't upgraded the system yet. But I have heard it's kinda a pain in the arse to get to the front speakers, the door panels have to come off. I am thinking about an amplified sub to add to the stock system.
    How do u add an amplified sub to the stock system??

4u2nv
    most amps have what i think is called high pass inputs. that is where you wire in the stock system wiring. im not excectly sure how you wire it, it should say in any manual that would come with the amp

I had my whole stereo system waranteed and the speakers in the fron are a BITCH to get out. nad all they do is clip in lol, thats it no screw no nothing.

SiCivic2k2
    I took my car to a local Mobile One and they installed a 250 watt Kenwood amp and 200 watt Rockford Fosgate sub with no problem. Only paid $300 for it and it sounds pretty good. I have stock speakers and head unit too. No problems yet. The hatch makes the speaker sound really well.

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    I purchased a new Pioneer head unit only to find out no install kit is avail now. However a call over to Scosche (1-800-363-4490) allowed me to pre-order a paint matching install kit for the new Si which is supposed to ship around July 2nd. They are going for $25 plus shipping. I'll let you know how it looks and fits when I get it in there.

ephatch member
    coolio

I installed my kenwood reciever , I used my install kit from my 2001 civic , sanded it and painted it to match the dash .. it doesnt fit perfectly but it doesnt look bad. The radio harness was the same as my 2001 civic.. Im going to use this set up until the right install kit is available.. I will post pics soon..

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    EL - call Scosche (1-800-365-4490) to order their new 2002 Si kit. It goes for $25 plus shippiing and matches our aluminum colored dash. You can pre-order it now and they will ship it around July 3rd when it officially comes out.

SiCivic2k2
    EL DOG What's up? You live in Houston too? I've never seen you? Where do you hang out? Maybe we can hook up some time?

Talking My new system!!!

well so far after buying my car on april... like around the 3rd day I putted 2 12in hx2 rockford punch with 2 BIgG apline amps.....and im still running on a stock deck cuz i dont wanan change the deck it .. it still look pretty clean to me..and i changed the rear speaker to apline...and all i need now is to change the front speaker.... well im having trouble taking out the door....=( i need help cuz now my fronts speaker are hella weak cuz it not amped.... and other thing... how do u take the stock deck out?? cuz i need to do rewireing so that my front speaker will be louder and amped.

Still Around...
    I can install a complete system except for 1 thing that *always* gives me trouble. Where did you go through the firewall for the 4 ga. or whatever you used for 12v to the amps? I looked all over the place and the only grommets I can see that go into the firewall seem like they only will allow whatevers already going into them.

Pleeeeze Help... I gotta get this system outta there. :)

Jesse02SI

Talking

Hey all they do make a dash kit for our cars its a little pricey though I put my 2 12" fosgates with a fosgate 160 amp. And sony explode head unit and mids. in the front. sounds KILLER LOUD as apache gunfire at 2am... but thinkin about goin down to 1 JL audio 15 w-10 to save weight..... power to weight is the GAME.... later all

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information