Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Audio Upgrades?

ephatch member
    you runnig all this from the stock head unit? if so do you have a converter for the spk. to rca change?

well i do have the RCA convertor.. i tapped in to the rear speaker that is how i run my amps.... but the thing is that the fronts are not amped it is still stock... only if i could get in to the head unit and disconnect the fronts and combine it to the read then it will be amped but im having trouble opening the screw on the bottom of the lighter.. is that how u get to the head unit or is there another way?

ephatch member
    Actuall no, first you remove your shifter knob...push down on the shift boot to disconnect the boot from the knob...then stick your fingers down inside where the shift boot is and snap the lower portion of the lower (silver or carbon fiber) center of the dash...the next part is a little tricky but not too bad...open glove box and remove stoppers to allow box to drop away from dash...next remove fuse box cover (under drivers side dash near diagnostics port)...these steps allow access to the two screws that hold the center (radio,ac,etc.) dash portion in...if you look in the hole where the shifter dash panel was you will see two screws at a 45* angle on the sides of metal center bracket, pointing towards the door...loosen those do not remove...makes life easier when putting unit back in...do your buisness and repeat steps in reverse order...good luck on your install...any??? let me know or e-mail me directly...

MAn that look hella hard ......=( iono if i wanna mess around like that hahha... but thank... heheh i'll try it some other time hehe

chadsolomon

woof

Originally posted by SiCivic2k2
    I took my car to a local Mobile One and they installed a 250 watt Kenwood amp and 200 watt Rockford Fosgate sub with no problem. Only paid $300 for it and it sounds pretty good. I have stock speakers and head unit too. No problems yet. The hatch makes the speaker sound really well.
    I'd love to do that-did they cut and mount on the 'parcel shelf'? or is it a box in the trunk?

SiCivic2k2
    No, it's just in a box in the trunk. Check in the members rides section for a picture of it.

chadsolomon

Sub bummer!

Well, what do you think about using the hatch trunk as the enclosure and mounting the sub on the 'parcal' shelf? The trunk is small enough as it is without adding a huge tube...

SLOlife
    You are going to try to mount an infinite bafle in a hatch? To make an ib sound good you have to seperate the front soundwaves fomr the back. To do this you have to have a realy well built vehicle or alot of reinforcement.

The only ib setups that sound really good is when it is in a luxury car on the parcel shelf, already have a godd seperatefd trunk.

For example my friend had a 95 325is, the trunk was seperated by a huge metal plate from the factory. He then added dynamat to that and mounted the IDMAX to the parcel shelf with a custom baffle. The trunk and interior had no passage for sound/air at all. His setup sounded really good.

Rmember that if you go with ib you lose ALOT of power handling and are limited to a few speakers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information