Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Audio Upgrades?

ephatch member
    Hey Jesse, where can we find the dash kit?

Still Around...
    So Jesse,

How did you run your 12v lead through the firewall to your amps?

Please post the link for the right dash kit ...or give us a number to call price does not matter...

well 1st of all... how did you guys get the door panel out? and how in the world do i take the speaker in front out... well im planning to run the front speaker to the amp. SO far cant seem to take the speaker out... how did u wired ur front speaker back to the amp?

Jesse02SI
    Well unfortunately all I am NOT stereo nor mechanically inclined sO I pay people to install my thought of evil modifications..

I will post either phone number or website and maybe even the price by this evening I have to stop by the shop.....

Later
    Jesse

what size are the rear speakers i want new ones also if the front speakers are in with clips not screws how can i put new ones in???

ephatch member

power cable through firewall

to get this done i took a 4 ga. cable and a wire hanger...next go up under drivers side dash...there is a hole on the kick panel near footrest...take that hanger and carefully wiggle it through to the front of the car...it will appear between the fender and the engine compatment...trust me, no easy task but it works...but it hides just about all of the cable...the hard part is all the plastics that need to be removed on the way to the hatch...good luck.

Help with DooR panel

HAHAHAH i did that too with my wireing..... right now the front are not wired to the amp...and i dont wanna mess with the door panel cuz i already fucked up =( is there a safer way to open the panel??

ephatch member
    yes there is....first of all, if you are going to amplify your stock door speakers, tap into your wiring harness for the deck...repeat: the deck not the car...take your harness from deck, wire to harness adapter, cap off speaker outputs from deck and run your wire from the adapter to the amp. any???? simple stuff really, just need to know the short cuts!!! good luck, let me know if any more ???

well yeah i already know that.. but the thing is that when i try to open the deck , i mean the dash... there one srew that was tighten very hard and every time i tryed it kills the head.=( im affaird i might warn out the head....

OH yeah, if ya lookin for the dash kit they are selling it at BestBuy....i got mine from there

ephatch member
    thanks for the best buy tip...on the "head" is that the deck or the screw head? screws no biggie but yeah the more you take the deck in and out the higher the risk of damage. hope no deck damage yet............p.s. is that the specific Civic Si dash kit? what'd it cost ya?

capacitor help

HElp ... how do u install a capacitor?? and wut good will it do? will it give me more power for the bass ?? i have 2 caps and iono if i really needed 2??

so far this is wut i have
    2 apline amps.. Last yrs model
    2 12in Rockford fosgate HEX2
    2 6,5 APline speaker in the rear...
    and 2 caps 1.0 Farad 20 volt surge

well actually my friend went to best buy the other day and asked for a head kit for 01 civic...and he asked them if they had it for the new SI and they said they did.... and iono how much it cost...
    im not planning to change my head yet... i wanna leave it stock.. so pplz wont steal my shit..

ephatch member
    positive battery terminal to positive cap terminal, negative cap terminal to chassis ground. positive cap teminal to positive amp term. amp groung to chassis ground...to link two caps together, run positive batt. to positive cap 1, neg. cap 1 to pos. cap 2 neg cap 2 to chassis ground. make sure to use resistor to charge caps if not "smart" caps...1000 watts per 1 farad cap...if more than 1000 watts use both.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information