Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Question What would you do with your Si if the Type-R came to America?

What would you do? Id feel like the people who bought the Base RSX..j/k.....would you trade your si in?

The Ass Shaker Mod DJQuikFingaz's Avatar
    If I had one, I'd probably trade it or sell it to someone.

Mulder
    I'd hate to take a loss on my Si... but yes I would trade it in for the CTR, the red one!

Wouldn't think twice about selling or trading in my Si for a CTR.

I would end my lease early then get the Type R. Then I would have to run away since my wife would kill me for changing cars when the 2002 is perfectly good.

I would have to consider the Type R's price, but I think it would be cheaper then and RSX Type S so.......

no way it will not be able to be cheaper then the RSX type S and i would not bother changing cars because what i have planned for my car i will smoke those CTR's it might take a little while but i will.

ephatch member
    i'd keep it

The Ass Shaker Mod DJQuikFingaz's Avatar
    i will smoke those CTR's it might take a little while but i will.
    Such a determined individual.

ColinCivicSiR
    "no way it will not be able to be cheaper then the RSX type S "

The CTR will be cheaper than the RSX-S. The deletion of the sunroof alone will drop it below the Type S, then you have AC, Leather, Stereo, Sound Deadening. It will be cheaper by about 1000 to 1500. The CTR is basically a stripped RSX-S with 17inch wheels, a body kit and a LSD.

Originally posted by ColinCivicSiR
    "no way it will not be able to be cheaper then the RSX type S "

The CTR will be cheaper than the RSX-S. The deletion of the sunroof alone will drop it below the Type S, then you have AC, Leather, Stereo, Sound Deadening. It will be cheaper by about 1000 to 1500. The CTR is basically a stripped RSX-S with 17inch wheels, a body kit and a LSD.
    keep dreaming.

to profit from bringing over any line of cars to the U.S. honda has to sell something like 20-30 thousand of them. If the CTR comes over, there will only be about 5,000 or so. Honda is gonna be looking to recoup as much of their loss as possible by marking the price up to as high as they think people will buy them for. And the way things look, people will pay a LOT of $$ for the CTR, definitely more than the RSX-s.

and wether or not we will get the CTR is up in the air anyhow. After the way the 2002 si flopped, Honda is gonna think twice about bringing over another hatch, no matter how much we beg for the CTR. We begged for a hatch, honda gave it to us, and no one bought it, well, except for us folks who gave the car a chance.

thanks for backing me chunky. A type R would be considered a higher level then a Type S. If they bring the Type-R RSX here the CTR will have to be in the ball park of a Type-R RSX i would think and that will be higher than the type s. do i make any sense?

just put a type s engine in your ride. And since now it seems that all honda's can fit pretty much all honda engines. what would benefit from having a CTR? Bragging rights? An 92 civic DX hatch with an H22a would wave right past you.

I say, that with the extra money you'd all be spending on a CTR....you could drop in an engine from a Type S, with 6 speed gearbox (if they can do it in an EK, and they did, they can do it in an EP), you'd save a lot of hassle.

THAT'S WHAT IM GONNA DEEEEEEWWWWWWWplusaturbo.

so see y'all in about 30 years with my Type S engine : /

good plan im going to do port and polish and lots more but after i get my headers in that will be the next big job i do on my baby.

Originally posted by SpeedRacer
    thanks for backing me chunky. A type R would be considered a higher level then a Type S. If they bring the Type-R RSX here the CTR will have to be in the ball park of a Type-R RSX i would think and that will be higher than the type s. do i make any sense?
    IF, and that's a huge IF, the CTR comes over, expect it to sticker just shy of 25k, and IF the rsx-r comes over, expect it to sticker just shy of 27k.

Honda knows people will pay big money for the type-r's.

and yes, the CTR would superseed the rsx-s in the line of honda cars, and therefore would have to cost more. That's why it's very UN likely that honda will even bring the CTR over, b/c americans have a problem with paying 25k for a CIVIC. However, there will be plenty of people waiting to pay 27k or more for an acura.

Honda would have sold more s2000's as an acura, and they knew it, but as it was a pet project of Mr. Honda himself, they felt obligated to bring it over as a honda to honor his memory, even if it meant selling 7,000 fewer units a year.

ephatch member
    "An 92 civic DX hatch with an H22a would wave right past you."

haha, yeah those can be quick, but they are old school now.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information