Close

ephatch member

which WAX should i buy

i was wondering which wax are good for a black Ep.. i was thinking of the mothers 3 step wax. anyone else have any sugestions? is the mothers 3 step wax thing good? there was a very good car care section on the new import tuner i believe. you guys should check it out.

This is the multi-step process I use:
    1) Clay Bar
    2) 3M Swirl Mark Remover (for dark cars) - this will help your swirl marks IMMENSELY
    3) Klasse All-In-One
    4) Klasse Sealer Glaze
    5) Blitz One Grand Carnuba

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...&threadid=3568

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...&threadid=6948

Some folks here like the Mothers 3 step deal and it does look like it does a good job:
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...&threadid=7599

Ksiadz

Thumbs up Zaino

try www.zainobros.com
    best stuff out there!!!

Try P21S or S100
    They are the same product but S100 is marketed for motorcycles and cost less. You can get it at most Harley Davidson stores. It's what goes on both my cars and I think it's as good or maybe better than Zaino. Then again, my cars aren't black. The results aren't as dramatic on blue cars.

ephatch member
    thanks for the replies guys. imma go to pepboys or sumthin and check those products out.

If your going to PepBoys, you probably won't find anything listed here (except the clay bar).

If that's where your going, try and stick with Meguire's or Mother's for your wax.

Or, go check out Proper Auto Care

JDM TOOL
    I would have to say Meguiars....I swear buy it....and so do millions of other people.

Meguiars!

I say meguiars because its fairly inexpensive, you can find it everywhere, and i use the gold class wax on my black ep and i havnt had any problems. Smooth silky finish. Try the polish before you wax that stuff gives it a wet smooth silky finish. I dont know, everyone has there opinions. I bet ziano is the best but for the money meguiars is great.

i used blackfire polish, blackfire sealant, and i just started topping it with s100, great wet looking shine.

Nail-batter Moderator SiR Medic's Avatar

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Pradamuimui
    I would have to say Meguiars....I swear buy it....and so do millions of other people.

Meguiars is the way to go. I use the 3 step cleaner, polish, and wax. Works great for not a lot of $$.

ephatch member
    where can i go buy a clay bar? i went to pep boys the other day and they have this mothers clay bar set that comes with this dinky ass bar with a spray and alittle bottle of wax. i want to just buy the clay bar alone. or do i haveta use the bar with that spray? no right? someone help thanks

www.properautocare.com best place on the web to buy car detailing stuff, nice people with very fast and reliable service, i have ordered at least 5 times from them, two thumbs up.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by BlackSi2002
    www.properautocare.com best place on the web to buy car detailing stuff, nice people with very fast and reliable service, i have ordered at least 5 times from them, two thumbs up.
    I agree...great place for car care products!

I recommend getting a clay kit like the mother's kit. You need to use some sort of lubricant. Any quick detailer will work. Some people use soapy water.

Just make sure you don't drop it. :D

Cantonagod
    I use Meguiars deep crystal wash, then the clay bar kit, then the Meguiars swirl remover, then the Meguiars polish then, the Meguiars Gold Class Wax.
    I also use Meguiars rim cleaner.
    It takes a long time to properly clean a car but it is well worth the effort when it is done right.

Thread Information