Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    That was the special at the time. All civics where like that at the time. I have only had my si a few months. Best purchuse I have ever made. Love the car to death, I just wish it would warm up so I can use the sunroof. Its 13 degrees here in st.louis.

bought mines with 1.9 apr:)

bought mine...

I got my SI for zero down and $275/mo . I financed through my bank and got 7% apr for 5 years.

financed

financed mine $0 down, $15000 at 1.9%, $270/month for 60 months.
    I generally advise against leasing, unless you have money pouring out of the wazoo. with such bad economy, low sales and low interest rates it pays to finance and trade after 3 years, rather than lease. at the end of lease you have nothing to show for the payments, at the end of finanacing or before the term is up, you have built some equity. it would not work with domestic's but works with honda and toyota's due to their higher than average re-sale.

p.s. to get 1.9% you need good credit history (score of 650 or more) unless you have or will graduate college within a year. Honda does not offer $$$ off the price for college graduates, but offers the lowest advertized rate as long as you don't have negative credit history. if you have no credit history you will be qualified for the 1.9% (until the end of this month) with no credit history.
    Last edited by blueiedgod; 02-26-2003 at 11:44 AM.

Is call SiR in Canada!!!! f1fever's Avatar
    I leased mine... Cause I don't think I'll be still driving it after 4 years. I mean, I would take the buy back option if the value of my SiR still hold up high in used car market.

Well, you never know. Maybe I end up will lease any other Civic SiR after 4 years (Honda better make a new version by that time).:D

buying the car ... 265/month in 60 months ... it includes 100,000 mile warranty .. plus 1.9 apr

I'm financing mine to buy. I want to keep mine for a long long long time.:D

I bought my '02 off the lot a month ago, nothing down, with 1.9% APR, $16.5.

I probably could have gotten them down a little more, but considering the other dealerships were talking more like 6-7%, I figured what the hell.

For what it's worth, my FICO score was under 600, and they still made it happen. Never underestimate what sort of back room finance magic a dealership can do if they really want to sell the car. ;)

I leased mine for $216+tax a month zero down,zero deposit last November. The lease was based off of $16,300 and the % rate was fair according to research I did before hand....so not a bad deal. Its for 39 months though. That bothers me more now then it did then.

I might take a little hit and turn it in early at 36 months,if they have some killer year end deals like when I got my EP.

Originally posted by Lev
    For what it's worth, my FICO score was under 600, and they still made it happen. car. ;)
    After I noticed an ad for the lease special and before I went down to the dealer I checked my FICO online. I had an 810. I was kinda shocked. I had some doctor bill trouble in the past so I didnt think it would be that good. :)
    Last edited by JLannoo; 02-26-2003 at 07:49 PM.

Originally posted by gito
    That was the question I was going to ask you guys. I am getting my Si in a few weeks now, by March 20th and I am thinking buying it, but do you think would be a good idea to lease it and then buy it? Is it a good deal or is more expensive after the lease is over?
    I don't know how it works in Michigan, but in Illinois if you lease a car you pay sales tax on the entire value of the car when you lease it. If you then decide to buy the car when the lease is up you will pay sales tax again on the residual value of the car. Kinda blows to pay tax on your car twice.

Whether it would be more expensive to lease, my opinion is that it is usually more expensive in the long run. I see the two reasons for leaseing to be that you could get a better car than you would be able to buy or there is some tax benefit to you. i lease my S2000 because I can write off the lease payments on my taxes.

I am leasing .....
    kinda afraid of how far i can go as fas as mods........
    dont want to void the warrenty.

ephatch member
    Originally posted by S2kGirl

i lease my S2000 because I can write off the lease payments on my taxes.
    <-----wants to meet a girl who has an Si and an S2000:p

bought, 5k down , paying 332 a month for four years... iam only 17

Originally posted by si02racerboi
    iam only 17

Then you mean your parents bought ;)

no ive been workin since 15 ... my parents only pay my insurance i pay the payments and i gave the money for the down payment

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information