Close

Question has anyone got rust proofing?

Im thinking about getting some kind of rust proofing done what kinds are out there, and what works? Has anyone else got rust proofing done?

If I'm correct your 2k2 si should have a life time warrenty on rust...no need to worry.

no way. I asked the dealer to put it on for $900 CAD for lifetime protection. Don't tell me I got scammed.

yeah you got scammed, all they did, and correct me if im wrong, was but teflon wax coating on your car, i got it too, only i refused the first time, and they lowered the price to 600, i refused again, and then i paid 300, i was like why not, it comes with a five year warranty, seats, and undercarigge included....

I didn't bother getting the undercoating. I'm storing my car in the Winter anyways. Plus it can be a hassle when trying to remove parts from under the car...i.e. exhaust, nuts, bolts.

DrPimpSiR
    I go to Krown rust proofing. It costs $100 and has to be applied every year, but it works! I should know, I've got an 11 year old Ford, and the body is still mint!!

The body panels are double galvanized and there is a 5 year warranty on rust proofing, so the salesman told me. I know that the rsx has a similar deal going on.

The rust proofing I got came with a lifetime warranty so I guess it isn't that bad paying $900 for it. I hate rust.

Thread Information