Close

ephatch member

fuel pressure regulator

Can we use AEM fuel pressure regulators even though there's no fuel return? Someone(w/o a new si)told me we couldn't. If so, does it install in the same place as before(on old si's)?

adj. fpr restrict the flow going into the return line. more restriction, more pressure in the fuel rail. So I would imagine that if there is not a return line to restrict than a conventional adj. fpr will not work.

Jason

hardstafperf

Exclamation AEM FPR

I talked to Robert at AEM Inc. this week, as I was trying to figure out if there would be any fuel delivery problems running nitrous. What them told me was that the stock fuel pump in the K series rides already has an integrated fuel pressure regulator as part of the I-VTEC setup. They didn't know this at first and put a FPR on their setup to run it. After they replaced the motor in the 3-week old project-RSX, they found that if you try to put a FPR in-line, the two cancel each other out, which then runs the system lean, and BANG! Detonation is a mo-fo! They said for the next setup, they ran a stand-alone setup where they placed a 2.5 gal fuel cell of race gas where the stock airbox was, and then ran a fuel pump, FPR, and NX direct port setup. Then it was just a matter of running wiring to toggle between the two fuel systems. I find that anytime you have a question about your ride, call the manufacturer of the parts, and they usually have an answer. You never get a personal touch through email.

Bill Harding
    HardStaf Performance
    Import and Sport Compact Stuff
    931-624-4201

Thread Information