Close

Thread: Shocks?

Shocks?

OK, i'm thinking.... are adjustable shocks necessary or ... are they worth the money? non-adjustable are much cheaper and i don't really have money to spend... i want the h&r's bad but i've been told to wait til i have shocks so... nonadj. are cheaper so should i go for that or just wait for money for adj shocks? thnx for ur input.

stingyboy
    while you may not be adjusting the shocks all that often for ordinary street driving, typically better quality shocks simply are adjustable. i'd wait and get the best if i were you.

well... for instance... kyb's make adj and non adj. would they be the same quality, other than the fact u can't change the stiffness?

im not sure but i personally like adjustable shocks. For example i lowered my car on H&R sport springs and i dont feal it is low enough so next thing i will do is get adj. shocks to get me to the height i want. it might cost more but i got adj's on my last car too and it was much better. but you can lower you car with the springs i did and dont worry about your shocks for atleast a year.

u can use shocks to control height too?? wow. i didn't know.

stingyboy
    well, some shocks have different perches you can set the springs on, so that way you *can* alter the height. but not with the firmness setting.

yeah, those kyb's non-adjustable would be fine, but many people use adjustables to improve handling - for example, by setting the rear more stiff than the front you can counteract the natural tendacy of a front wheel drive car's understeering and improve handling (even on the street, as well as autocrossing). with non adjustable you can't do stuff like that.

but other than that, they're both good rite? the cheaper the better for me :)

Holding Monster says: dustinhurley's Avatar
    Originally posted by SpeedRacer
    im not sure but i personally like adjustable shocks. For example i lowered my car on H&R sport springs and i dont feal it is low enough so next thing i will do is get adj. shocks to get me to the height i want. it might cost more but i got adj's on my last car too and it was much better. but you can lower you car with the springs i did and dont worry about your shocks for atleast a year.
    It's Racing HART, valentine ;)

i didnt think you could controll ride hight with adj shocks

Thread Information