Close

Dropped on H&R's

Hey i'd like to know how many of you guys are riding on H&R springs. How many needed a camber kit or alignment. Also, how much did you pay for the springs? Where did you buy them? and did you install them your self or not?

I drive a Rice Rocket RacingCivicSi02's Avatar
    Im riding on H&R. u will need a camber kit because the camber wear is bout -2.75 or something like that i forgot. I payed $145 bought them from www.Inline4.com. i didn't install them by myself. Had a shop to do it for $60. I was scare to ruin my car.

Are you sure they are the right springs for the SI? What's the part #?

i got the rite one. Part # 51866-2

todaCspec why do you ask if he has the right springs.

it was in a thread were people bought it from the same place. but it also had a couple of other stickers on the box.

ephatch member
    I just installed them Saturday so I haven't gotten an alignment yet. Camber doesn't look do right now but I'll know after I get an alignment this Saturday hopefully. I got them for $155 shipped at www.cartunerz.com . Here are some pics:

http://members12.clubphoto.com/danny...ner-8faf.phtml

dchu it looks like you have two different tires on your car. In the first pick the tire has the little ridges around the lettering, but the second picture the tire is somply flat with no ridges.

ephatch member
    Haha...wtf!? Thanks for pointing that out. I just went out to check and only the driver side has that ring and ridges. It's still the same tire model though. I don't really give a rats ass, because my new wheels should be here in a month or so. Hence, the massive caking of brake dust build up. I'll clean them off when I sell them :D .

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dchu
    [B]I just installed them Saturday so I haven't gotten an alignment yet. Camber doesn't look do right now but I'll know after I get an alignment this Saturday hopefully. I got them for $155 shipped at www.cartunerz.com . Here are some pics:

Are you trying to say that the rear wheel looks a bit off? How does it ride on stock shocks? Could the shocks handle the extra 25% in stiffness of the H&R springs? Bouncy over bumps, any clunking noises? I know alot of questions, but i'd like to get a honest review on those sport springs. The H&R rep(girl) doesn't know anything about their products. Keep us posted.......

Happy or not

Are you guys happy with your drop because when i went to buy my springs and the guy told me if i was sure that i wanted the H&R's because he had gotten alot of complaints that the back was dropped more than the front. I wanted to know if that is true or not.

dchu

Coolness, looks good. I was concerned about the rear camber with the H&Rs sports. I think I may have to get a set of those expensive ass kits for the rear before I put my stuff on. I don't want to kill my tires.

Hey my stock tires were switched around like yours are. I had the dealer re-mount them properly on the rims (for free of course.) Had to before I sold them.

ephatch member
    Ride is good so far but I expect the shocks to last only a couple months. Not a big deal because shocks should be out by then and I'm gonna get a lifetime alignment deal. The rear is looks slightly lower because the wheel arches are cut that way and the drop is an even 1.3" all around. Having it look even might look better, but if you think about it...dropping the front more shifts even more weight to the front of a front heavy car. When I find the time I'll have to drop the dealer to get the 3 incorrect tires flipped. I don't want to have a buyer back out at the last minute. I always thought the sidewalls looked a little too plain and old school...

Question H&R Sports 1.3" or 2.0" drop?

I was ready to pull the trigger on a set of H&R Sports until I read here they were only 1.3" drop. I really would like to go to a 2.0" drop, and read elsewhere the H&R's were 2.0". Does anyone know for sure after installing the correct p.n. for the EP? If the H&R's are in fact 1.3", then I will go with the Progress springs. I have had the car 2 weeks, am new to this site, and would like to set it up before summer. Any help out there?
    Last edited by rook; 03-04-2003 at 10:43 AM.

Thread Information