Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Engine Start Button

Okay.... Here is what I want to do...

I would like to move the emergency signal button to the right side of the dash board (where that blank indented circle is to the right of the shift knob) and put the starter button at the place of energency signal button.

I figured that I would need the Japanese dash cover to move the button to the right side...

Anyone experienced in installing the starter button? How can I get hold of S2000 starter button?

I did a really quick mock-up picture with Type-R dash... Here is the pic....

I read a post about this not to long ago. Somebody got the engine start button from an S2000 but didn't manage to switch the emergency turn signal button or whatever that is to the opposite side. Try a search for that post if you want to find more.

I hate to do this, but I just have to ask...

What's the point??

This is BMX269's si. Its the s2000 button

He hasn't placed the Hazard button on the other side, cause the space is slightly larger/smaller. Not sure which, but it won't fit right.

:)

I hate to do this, but I just have to ask... What's the point??
    ha ha ha.... it's purely a cool factor... You can call me "rice" on this part...

Regarding the emergency signal button issue, that's why I talked about if I get the JDM dash cover, it will work out fine. Because of the nature of right hand side driver seat, Japanese emergency signal button is on the left side. So if I get the Japanese dash cover, I can put the ESB on the right side and install ignition button on the place where ESB used to be.

You can't just replace the panel that the shifter boot is attached to, unless you replace the whole dash. Notice that the part is not symmetric.

gasp!

Dude... you are right...

Oh well, tan my second plan is to get on of those switches to replace turn signal button. I'd like to still install the starter button on the left and ESB on the left.

One of those turn switches sound good... oh no... one more riceness on my dash....

opens the taps
    Would the S2000 start button not also fit on the "vacant" passenger side button hole? The two have different shape characteristics, but it might be less work.

well...

Would the S2000 start button not also fit on the "vacant" passenger side button hole? The two have different shape characteristics, but it might be less work.
    Well, the whol point is that I want ESB to be on the peesenger side. And the Starter button to be on the driver's side. I won't feel safe if the starter button is in close reach of passengers. Gasp... control freak... am I....?

I have been too lazy to install my hazard light buttong yet. PaXie and I are going to do a DIY regarding the install / wiring and any other stuff needed for all of you people interested in doing this mod to your car. I did however notice right away that the hazard button has to be plugged into the harness for the turn signals to work, for me it is under the dash, still in reach. :)

OOh~

:p DIY... Yes Please!!!:p

When do you think you will post it up?

I gotta hand it to all of you who share these valuable information with everyone. I think all of us who benefits from your pioneering knowledge owe you guys big thanks!!!

keep it up.

ephatch member
    i was thinking about doing this also. putting starter on the left and hazrds on the right but i read a post about this topic saying the one of the right is smaller and putting the hazard wont fit. anyone know how to fix this problem? do u have to like cut it bigger?

well...

You might have to cater to what I am doing.... using after market switch to replace stock Signal button.

Except it's hard to get the information about how big the diameter is on these switches...

Anyone knows aftermarket switch that fits the RIGHT side of the dash board (the blank circle)?

car-less for now.... 2k2_nbp_egg's Avatar
    Lol....heheheh i just had HUGE hassle with this fucking mod. It's in....and it's workin great but i had to go through so much bullshit for it. Anyway, to cut a long story short, after going weeks without a radio, then without AC, i finally had a starter button that worked (OE S2K button ) and my car was pretty much stock. Except...the button is on the passenger side seat.

That makes me very nervous that at high speeds some dumbass could cause serious damage to my car.

So....im really interested in ordering this JDM centerpanel piece so the hazards can go on the passenger side so i can bitch them into hitting the hazards when i...err nm, anyway any info on this would be awesome.

Why did I do this mod? After starting up a real S2k, the euphoric feeling stuck in my finger *shrug*

Also, on the USDM centerpanel there is no screw bearings for the hazards on the blankpiece side, and they have to be operable and in a secure position to pass vehicle inspection. Which, once again, why the JDM CTR piece is the main thing i can think of.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information