Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Last one...kinda tough to see the evo with the shadow's but its there.

Originally posted by C1V1C
    What are those shiny chrome layer ? are those dynamat ?

Just an idea here, is it possible to give us your wiring diagram, that should he newbies like me a lot.

btw, nice work
    Yeah that shiny stuff is called fatmat, a dynamat knock off.

(_!_) O !
    What about the wiring diagram ? can you do that for me :) plsss

I know some, but not sure.

If I remove my stock head unit, do I have to deal with security system ?

Thanks again

What about the wiring diagram ? can you do that for me :) plsss

I know some, but not sure.

If I remove my stock head unit, do I have to deal with security system ?

Thanks again
    No, you dont have to deal with factory alarm system...just buy the wiring harness for our cars and wire it into the harness that comes with the head unit...the diagrams that show you how to wire it come with the headunit...hope that helps.

(_!_) O !
    sweet thanks ..........

I post this acouple days ago

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread....&threadid=9839

Would you take a look and tell me what do you think ?

Thanks again, sorry for questions ....

So how is the Clarion headunit I'm trying to decide between that and the Alpine-7894 not sure yet. Also was there much room in the doors for the components I have a set of perfects 6.1 not sure if they will fit though. BTW looks great

sweet thanks ..........

I post this acouple days ago

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread....&threadid=9839

Would you take a look and tell me what do you think ?

Thanks again, sorry for questions ....
    Posted the answer in your thread, good luck with your setup.
    Phil

Originally posted by dtexan
    So how is the Clarion headunit I'm trying to decide between that and the Alpine-7894 not sure yet. Also was there much room in the doors for the components I have a set of perfects 6.1 not sure if they will fit though. BTW looks great
    Very impressed with how the clarion deck sounds...the only Alpine head I had was an older model that ran factory speakers so I didnt really push it to see how good it could be...if your planning on running an amp, a good thing to watch is the preamp voltage...the clarion is 4 volts. Also, at night the clarion blends in nicely with the dash, no complaints.
    About the perfects, my roomate got those for his car. There running right now off my old sony CDX M-770, they sound real good. Yeah, im pretty much positive that whatever components you get you'll have to end up cutting the door frame to get the speaker to fit flush. Paxie used tin snips in his DIY, I mounted the mounting bracket that the speaker screws into onto the door and used it as a guide to cut out the frame with dremel, took about 10 min per door, very easy...Also, Id highly recommend getting baffles to protect the speaker from water damage.
    Phil
    Last edited by fsugatorbait; 03-09-2003 at 05:10 PM.

Wink

bro thatz a fattttt install! i love the speakerz in the back hatch thing...lolz....

herez a question for ya tho... u can do ALL that....but u cant hardwire your radar detector!? lolz see the lil coil-y wire in the first pic... :p ;)

-Mike:)

I currently have a MTX thunder 304 4channel amp for mids and highs, infinity perfects for the front, I'm not sure what i'm going to use for bass. I have a JL 8WO microsub that I picked up for $25. I thought it wouldnt take up much space but I dont think it will produce enough thump. I also have an Eclipse alum 12" with a U.S. Acoustics 800d sub amp 600*1 @ 2ohms, but I dont think the electrical system could handle both amps. I have a Kenwood Z828 mp3 cd-player but I want to keep the orange lighting theme. Just looking for the perfect headunit at the right price.

Originally posted by Si4U2NV
    bro thatz a fattttt install! i love the speakerz in the back hatch thing...lolz....

herez a question for ya tho... u can do ALL that....but u cant hardwire your radar detector!? lolz see the lil coil-y wire in the first pic... :p ;)

-Mike:)
    lol...yeah thats an old detector that ive had...im plannin on getting a newer one in the future and will take care of that wire "problem" then, thanks for the thumbs up!

Originally posted by dtexan
    I currently have a MTX thunder 304 4channel amp for mids and highs, infinity perfects for the front, I'm not sure what i'm going to use for bass. I have a JL 8WO microsub that I picked up for $25. I thought it wouldnt take up much space but I dont think it will produce enough thump. I also have an Eclipse alum 12" with a U.S. Acoustics 800d sub amp 600*1 @ 2ohms, but I dont think the electrical system could handle both amps. I have a Kenwood Z828 mp3 cd-player but I want to keep the orange lighting theme. Just looking for the perfect headunit at the right price.
    Id really consider the clarion unit, matches almost perfectly, got mine in a sealed box off ebay for $275 shipped...btw I would have looked a little harder for the silver mounting bracket but I plan on getting the carbon fiber trim kit and the black would blend in with it better than the silver.

put in the baffles in the doors today...here's the pictures...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information