Close

Alarm wiring colors and locations for our cars

These are the most common wires used for our cars. Before you use any of these, test them with a multimeter or airbag safe test light.

12 volts = White (40 amps of current) located in the main ign. harness
    Igniton = Black/yellow located in the main ign. harness
    Starter = Black/white located in the main ign. harness
    Accessory = Black/red located in the main ign. harness
    Second Accesory = White/red located in the main ign. harness

Those wires can be used for turbo timers, radar detector wiring, extra accesories, etc. These wires are a heavy gauge and carry alot of current. Use these to get power instead of behind the radio. Fuse ALL accesories.

Power lock = white/blue = negative trigger = driver kick panel, in the door harness

Power unlock = white/green = negative trigger = driver kick panel, in the door harness

Use these for keyless entry and alarm lock wires. Make sure you test these. The door harness is large and white with several other wires in it.

Parking lights can be either negative OR positive trigger.

blue = negative trigger = that can be at the switch or factory alarm plug
    red/black = positive trigger= back of fuse box, in the top and in the middle

Either one works, just read your alarm install manual and see which one it uses.

The door triggers are ALL found at the green alarm plug up above the driver kick panel.

Green = driver door = negative
    Light green/red = passenger door = negative
    Red= hatch = negative

You will need to diode isolate the door triggers. This keeps the door triggers from "sensing" each other. Put a diode on the factory wire and put the "stripe" side to the "car" side, not the alarm side. When doing this, it's very clear.

If doing a remote start on our car (it is possible with certain alarms) it needs a tach wire. You can also use this for larger ricer tachometers.

Blue = tach = in a two pin wire next to the battery.

White/black = brake = Positive = found at foot brake switch

Green/red = parking brake = negative = found at the green immobilizer plug in steering column (pin 4)

If you're adding a navigation unit and need the VSS (vehicle speed sense), it's real easy.

Blue/white = vss = cruise control module under dash. Left of the steering column.

I'll probably add more as people ask for ones I'm sure I've forgotten.
    Last edited by VegaS10; 05-21-2008 at 05:47 AM. Reason: add info.

2002 EP & 2013 FB - K24 all day! SinisterCivicSi's Avatar
    sticky linked in the main thread. great job.

Quote Originally Posted by VegaS10 View Post
    Parking lights can be either negative OR positive trigger.

blue = negative trigger = that can be at the switch or factory alarm plug
    red/black = positive trigger= back of fuse box, in the top and in the middle

Either one works, just read your alarm install manual and see which one it uses.
    The red/black wire is for the dash wiring. If you turn your dash lighting down, the voltage will be reduced as well on this wire.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

ephatch member
    I am wiring up the JDM folding mirror. I can get it to work manual with an ON/OFF switch. If I want it to work with the keyless entry.. How should I hook it up?

I'm assuming you want the mirrors to fold in when you hit "Lock" and unfold when you hit "Unlock"?

I'd HAVE to see the diagram for both the mirrirs and alarm system you are using. It's damn near impossible to explain in depth wiring over the net.

But yes, it can happen, depending on the know-how level of the installer.

Wicked good info. I think I might be able to install an alarm myself and safe their fee for more mods.

ephatch member
    Here is a link for RSX JDM folding mirror installation. It has the same wiring as the EP3. I have a Canadian version so I have heated mirror. I am just using stock keyless entry. Is there anyway I can add a jumper from the keyless entry to the mirror???

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...iy+jdm+mirrors

That write up is good, but does'nt give the information to do what you want.

I have to know the function and voltage of EACH one of those wires. If I knew that, I could tell you more.

You'd be really whooping your ass trying to integrate that into your oem system. I'd suggest taking it to a really good installer and see what he say's.

I'd hate for you to burn up some expensive mirrors doing something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by VegaS10 View Post
    I'm assuming you want the mirrors to fold in when you hit "Lock" and unfold when you hit "Unlock"?

I'd HAVE to see the diagram for both the mirrirs and alarm system you are using. It's damn near impossible to explain in depth wiring over the net.

But yes, it can happen, depending on the know-how level of the installer.
    they are two way motors with built in load switch. Ie when they sense the pre determined load (full open/close) the motors are switched off.

Thread Information