Close

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by da9b16 View Post
    Well he did not have any money to pay me. Normally I charge half of shop prices to install. I go a little above and beyond on my installs too. I also take trades depending on the swap and so forth. I have ended up with chasis before too. I just like doing swaps really. I am trying to decide on if I should keep this thing or sell it and get a k20a2 or a k24a1. I am seriously not ok with dropping a G on a freaking ecu. I cant believe that the K series ecu has not been cracked by anyone other than hondata. That price point is absolutely insane. Then to have to pay a shop to tune on top of that is insanity. I just cant justify 800-1000 for an ecu then another 200-500 for tune time at a shop.... LAME. So I may sell the k24a2 or trade it for a k20a2 with stock ecu or k24a1/4/8 just so I can get the torque and possibly have enough left for a kpro and do vtec killer.
    kpro is amust my a3 is alive after i installed mine with the reflash and high octane tune. now im saving for k24a2.

you might be able to get away with an a2 running a k24a2. it'll get you running at least (so i've heard)

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    you might be able to get away with an a2 running a k24a2. it'll get you running at least (so i've heard)
    So what calibration do i use for the k24a2? i can used the k20a2 one? i wont do the swap after i smog the a3 in nov 2012 so i can pass lol. Ill complete the parts first and drop it, pocket is not deep so ill built it slowly.

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by klik View Post
    So what calibration do i use for the k24a2? i can used the k20a2 one? i wont do the swap after i smog the a3 in nov 2012 so i can pass lol. Ill complete the parts first and drop it, pocket is not deep so ill built it slowly.
    if you have k pro then use the k24a2 calibration.

yea there is a calibration for a k24a2 in kpro

it's weird, that one doesn't work for me, even after i change settings to what i have it set to now. at least it works for you guys.

it's weird, that one doesn't work for me, even after i change settings to what i have it set to now. at least it works for you guys.

At 1st it would even want to start my Frank until I disable some in the k24a2 kal. I for got what it was then after that was able to drive to thetuner safely

Just finished my k24a2 swap, turns over but won't start. There's spark at the plugs but no fuel. I check the fuel line and its got fuel. Did I miss something in kpro that's not letting the injectors fire. Kpro shows about 34ms and 5% duty when cranking.

try pulling the efi connector off and turning the key on, should shoot some gas. that lets you know the pump is working and lines are ok for sure, after that i would make sure the injectors are grounded? or connected all the way?

try pulling the efi connector off and turning the key on, should shoot some gas. that lets you know the pump is working and lines are ok for sure, after that i would make sure the injectors are grounded? or connected all the way?
    Well I pulled the efi off and gas sprayed out under pressure, and I made sure the ground was ok on the valve cover. Just for the hell of it I tired the other kal under "other cars" the stock k24a2 but just the same thing, pulled the plugs and there dry.
    Its hard to imagine all the injectors being bad but they have been sitting for months or years and were super hard to get out of the original manifold and fuel rail (I'm using stock IM and fuel rail) ...any ideas?

got it figured out...all four injectors are all mechanically stuck closed.

Quote Originally Posted by LP640 View Post
    got it figured out...all four injectors are all mechanically stuck closed.
    damn. good excuse for an upgrade i guess. that's pretty crazy though

if you got kpro you can put some rdx injectors for shiz n giggles. you'd need a tune to be safe anyways.

I was doing an oil change this weekend, and I know some people had sway bar fitment issues.. So, I figured i'd take a photo or two of my current clearance and see what you guys think.. I read somewhere the k24 sits up about 3/4 inches higher than the a3 if i'm not mistaken? I didn't measure it, but there's definitely way more than 3/4's of an inch gap as it sits right now.. Oh yea, it's a EP3 specific JRRH

Don'tcha just love them salted Ohio roads?

the clearance does vary from header to header, but it looks like yours should be okay.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread Information