Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i saw it at texas motor speedway about 2 months ago, i believe it was a near complete prototype from jr, the 02 si had full interior, stock height, stock suspension, pretty much stock other than the cai and catback, yes he did actually have 2 10s in the back and the driver was an old ass 45 or 50 year old man, all i was doing was making a point on what i had read in black and white and seen with my own eyes, the kid could put a damn lawnmower motor in his car for all i care, all i was doing was giving my opinion and stating facts of what i saw (02silver, im not pointing this at u bro, all of u know who its directed to) anways, well, its 11pm sunday, i will be gettin up around 11 tommorw and gettin started on the beast, ill let yall know :D ;) :p

Originally posted by super_si_45
    .. anways, well, its 11pm sunday, i will be gettin up around 11 tommorw and gettin started on the beast, ill let yall know :D ;) :p
    good luck on the install!

dont you guys love smart asses who dont know what the hell they are talking about?

1st of all YES the sc is out, my broher has 1 for an 02 si hatch it his shop

2nd the intercooler does not retail for 700, it retails for 950

3rd the sc only adds 30 or 40 TO THE WHEELS, uv mistakin for flywheel genius

4th iv physically seen an 02 si hatch with a jrsc run a 15.15 (best) CONSISTANT 15.4s

last but certainly not least i know iv missed tons of crap youv screwed up, try to talk TO people rather than DOWN TO people, it will certainly get you further in life
    I was just trying to bring some information to this person's thread. He wanted to know the pros and cons of each kit. That's the information I'd given. I was in the same situation as this person, so I was just trying to help spread what knowledge I'd gained about each product and the results you could expect. If it seemed like I was talking down to you, I appologize. That was not my intent.

Considering that each kit has just been (or soon to be) released, I think it's too early to make any definitive statements about either. Once each is in the hand of a few members and they do their dynos, road tests, runs at the strip, and get their reviews in, then we'll have a better "real world" idea of what you'll get with each.

To respond back to your above statements:

1) I just called up Jackson Racing to confirm if the kit had been release yet or not. They told me that it is not out yet and they currently do not have a release date. Mind you, the Sales departments at many companies are usually the last to know anything, but even Little O (Oscar III) had stated that it would be delayed until Sept. If your brother has one in his shop, then I'd be interested to know how he got ahold of it.

2) As far as the intercooler pricing goes, is that MSRP or retail? From prices on previous released GReddy kits, it was a good indicator that the price would be around $700 retail. By that I mean that a Borla cat-back, for example, has a MSRP or around $595, but can be bought for around $425 if you do some searching. That's the kind of "retail" price I was talking about.

3) I was not mistaking it for flywheel hp. Go to Jackson Racing's website and they have their 2002-03 Si dyno results showing approximately a 50whp gain. How are you coming up with your figure of 30hp? Can you post a dyno graph showing the before and after results?

4) Again, I'd be interested to know how someone already has this kit when it hasn't been officially released yet. What kind of track is it they were running at (i.e. is it considered a "slow" track or a "fast" track?)? How much 1/4 experience did the person have? I can see that if a person had a stock 02 or 03 si with just a JRSC at a lousy track, then I'm sure you could be right about the times. High temperatures plus bad traction equals high ETs for anyone.

*EDIT* You already answered some of the above for me. I hadn't gotten a chance to see your latter post about the track times. If it was a prototype and a bad driver on stock tires, then 15.4 consistently is possible. The final release with non-stock setup should net people significantly better elapsed times than that though.
    Last edited by Quicksilver; 08-18-2003 at 12:13 PM.

Originally posted by Quicksilver
    3) I was not mistaking it for flywheel hp. Go to Jackson Racing's website and they have their 2002-03 Si dyno results showing approximately a 50whp gain. How are you coming up with your figure of 30hp? Can you post a dyno graph showing the before and after results?

4) Again, I'd be interested to know how someone already has this kit when it hasn't been officially released yet. What kind of track is it they were running at (i.e. is it considered a "slow" track or a "fast" track?)? How much 1/4 experience did the person have? I can see that if a person had a stock 02 or 03 si with just a JRSC at a lousy track, then I'm sure you could be right about the times. High temperatures plus bad traction equals high ETs for anyone.
    I agree with you on this, I was also confused as to where he was getting the hp numbers. I'm very confident that maybe even a low 14 can be obtained with the jrsc even on street setup with i/h/e.
    Here's a dyno graph for the 03 si street setup, doesn't say if it has i/h/e or not

Here is the race setup which is just adding hondata flash program and bigger 440cc injectors...typical of hondata

For only 5lbs of boost that is very impressive, you can see how hondata and the bigger injectors help. I also think this would help keep away from any tip in detonation...common for a jrsc...as it gives so much boost so soon and the stock ecu and injectors can sometimes not keep up and deliver enough fuel. This kinda makes me want it more, since it's only 5lbs of boost and shouldn't generate too much heat. It all depends on the pricing though. And not to mention I could install this myself easily. I would just need the tool to remove the crankshaft pully to replace it with the jrsc one. And another thing I like about this new jrsc, is the size of the belt. It's nice and fat :D so I don't think there will be much of a chance for the belt to slip.
    Last edited by 02SilverSiHB; 08-18-2003 at 04:52 PM.

damn u guys just dont quit do u, when i get off, i will go to my brothers shop and find the issue i read the numbers in, then, i will pick up the jackson racing box with the sc in it and copy the part number, hell, i will take pictures and post it since he "doesnt have one", i guess i need to just shut up and not post anymore of my "experiences" since everyone just wants to contradict them, and call them foul, from now on, i know nothing, and i guess i wont post my opinion, or facts that iv read anymore

super_si_45 dont get all worked up about others, I am interested in the findings on hte production kit as are alot of people. We are all just basing our info on stuff we have read, not necessarily facts. :) Keep the info flowin.

damn u guys just dont quit do u, when i get off, i will go to my brothers shop and find the issue i read the numbers in, then, i will pick up the jackson racing box with the sc in it and copy the part number, hell, i will take pictures and post it since he "doesnt have one", i guess i need to just shut up and not post anymore of my "experiences" since everyone just wants to contradict them, and call them foul, from now on, i know nothing, and i guess i wont post my opinion, or facts that iv read anymore
    dude, like bmx said, we're just looking for all angles of info. I know a turbo will beat a jrsc in a striaght line for sure. I'm just saying that a jrsc would be better for autox people and daily drivers not looking for the most power they can get. I know that with a jrsc you have to accept the fact that you will not get near as much power as a turbo and you shouldn't think you're going to go blazing fast. I'm still slightly scared of the jrsc not having an intercooler. I'm sure you saw the numbers and saw a bad run...but you know like I do that sometime shit happens and people have bad days at the track or have a hard time tuning. I think the jrsc setup is better than the past setups, that's my point. you wouldn't need as much as before to get the jrsc tuned correctly. I can believe your brother may have a kit...since I had an email telling me about how they are for sale all ready and what the street kit comes with and what the race kit comes with....when that little oscar guy didn't even know...that gave me a feeling he doesn't know all of what's going on. I'm not contradicting you, that I know of. I just don't know where you got your numbers from for the hp on the jrsc's

Edit: how is the install going by the way?
    Last edited by 02SilverSiHB; 08-19-2003 at 11:45 AM.

hey super, man, you're gonna need a pic of that jrsc :D jrpower says it's not true
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...161#post213161

don't get offended, but I know someone is going to say this before I do. Don't let it get to you the wrong way.

by the way, one thing I want to know about the greddy turbo...is the turbo smaller than the t3/t4 that cybernation come with? I'm kind of hoping so, as I want the power to spool faster if I go turbo.

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

by the way, one thing I want to know about the greddy turbo...is the turbo smaller than the t3/t4 that cybernation come with? I'm kind of hoping so, as I want the power to spool faster if I go turbo.
    I havent seen the cybernation turbo in person. But maybe someone can compare my Greddy turbo with the cybernation one.
    Then youll get your answer:)
    Last edited by ep_nezay; 08-20-2003 at 12:18 AM.

super... i think ur brother has a jrsc for the wrong model ... the kits not out for our cars yet. unless ur bro is Mr. Jackson himself, he doesn't have it. i'd like to see pics as well with a label reading "For 02+ Civic SI's".... also... whoever you saw driving 15.4's all day with a supercharged Si can't drive worth doodoo..some people get mid 15's stock. EVEN if wut you say is true about the 30WHP (which i doubt, more like 50WHP).. even with 30whp... u should be way out of the 15's.

oh yeah.. also.. super, what are you running with your greddy turbo? low 14's?

ok, yes u were right the kits not for our car, my bad on that one, honest mistake

im not sure if its bigger than the t3/t4 turbo, but the greddy turbo is a t517z

im not quite done with the install (iv only had a couple hours a day, should be done today for sure) all i have left is the e manage unit, blow off valve, and the a-pillar pod with gauges

hence, im not sure if my car runs low 14s or what, where did u get that number? or were u just being a smart ass like other people on here?

ok i think i got all the question

ok, yes u were right the kits not for our car, my bad on that one, honest mistake

im not sure if its bigger than the t3/t4 turbo, but the greddy turbo is a t517z

im not quite done with the install (iv only had a couple hours a day, should be done today for sure) all i have left is the e manage unit, blow off valve, and the a-pillar pod with gauges

hence, im not sure if my car runs low 14s or what, where did u get that number? or were u just being a smart ass like other people on here?

ok i think i got all the question
    you'll be in the low 14's with the ic you get later on. Not too sure how you'll do with this damn texas heat. no prob about the jrsc thing ;) shit happens...I know I've had my share. I found a turbo mag that talks about the greddy turbo for our car. I think I answered my own question once I read it. It seems to spool slightly faster than the t3/4 one from cybernation. I was also surprised to see it comes with 370cc injectors..I kepts seeing people say 440, that's for the rsx-s. Either way, those injectors should be fine for a little more boost, especially with the e management.
    Good luck on the install. you're doin it the right way by taking your time and getting right the first time.

thanks bro, yea i just talked to my brother and he is doin the e manage right now, so it should definatly (knock on wood) be done by today, ill let u know :)

thanks bro, yea i just talked to my brother and he is doin the e manage right now, so it should definatly (knock on wood) be done by today, ill let u know :)
    that will be sweet man! I can't wait to see how it runs. It sounds like if I go turbo, greddy will be the best for me. I don't plan on going all out and crazy with the cybernation kit and I'd like to keep my exhaust legal :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information