Close

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ej1 -Round 2-

I just got home. Long night. lol

I havent been by storage yet for measurements. : (

Ill see what i can do today... im headed to bed now.

- Dave

alright man I appreciate it. My brother just snagged the XXR off me for his e30 BMW so now I'm in desperate need of new rims haha

Quote Originally Posted by Powers View Post
    alright man I appreciate it. My brother just snagged the XXR off me for his e30 BMW so now I'm in desperate need of new rims haha
    STILL havent been to storage. : (

I had to pull the cluster to have access to the wiring harness...

Thats mileage on the engine/trans since the rebuild (minus 3k for breakin). Bama doesnt seem to care about odometer readings, so i decided to make an adjustment. lol

:( so sad today

Re: Ej1 -Round 2-

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Surfing the net looking for options (exhaust wise) i stumbled across DC Sports' header for an 07 Accord/07 TSX. The part numbers are different... but the TSX pix looks best.

That three bolt flange needs to be modded... but I can get it NIB for $330 shipped.

I think it will fit... dammit.
    Damn this things looks a lot meaner then the dc5/ep3 rh's. +1 and amazing price too!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I had to pull the cluster to have access to the wiring harness...

Thats mileage on the engine/trans since the rebuild (minus 3k for breakin). Bama doesnt seem to care about odometer readings, so i decided to make an adjustment. lol
    haha thats what my bro did to his eg hatch but later when he tried to sell it the buyer called bs since it was only 40k on a 1993 and ended up not buying it lol

but yours match the swap so

Jaime... the header ended up being too long (distance from the header flange to the ground is a lot less in my car than from the header flange to the ground in a TSX or Accord). So basically i would have to mod the lower half of the header (modding the upper half would be hard to do) by removing almost 2 inches... which would add a severe kink to the tubing. Too much headache.

As far as the odometer goes, if i DO decide to drop in a single slammer and sell it at a later date... it would only be because i found a hatch i wanted and the odo out of the hatch would go into the EJ... as my entire interior would get swapped into the hatch (what would fit anyways). Too much time/money/effort has gone into getting the EJ interior where it is.

I started working on the exterior (interior is mostly done). The pinstripes on the drivers side were painted over, reinstalled, and cleared over for a previous owner. What a nightmare... almost 2mm of paint and clear there. Nothing a 3M rotary disc couldnt solve. So i buzzed it down and shot it with paint (temporarily) so it wouldnt rust. The rear bumper cover needs to be replaced, and i have to work the metal that holds it and the BC stays in place so everything gaps right. The front BC can be saved, but i need a rebar and the front BC stays for it as well. I have a TON of dings from a previous hail storm to address as well.

Im only doing what is minimally needed to get rid of the green, and to make the exterior paint prepped/look presentable, im not throwing a ton of $ into paint and bodywork. It may get plasti dipped (a local friend is pushing hard for me to try it) but odds are it will just get flat blacked after the work is done. The bay will get shot once i pull the engine to swap the shortblock. Im still looking for a hatch... and when the right one falls into my lap... the EJ will be... whatever. lol

Which year hatch? Does it need to be local?

Lookin for 92-95. Local only matters if the transportation of the car is A LOT of $$$.

My issue is i want the hatch in as good a shape as possible. I have crawled up under three thus far and said no to them because of previous damage that was greater than what i have on my EJ. Its gonna be tough to find one... but i would pay 4 or 5k for one in great condition if it was a one time owner with minimal chassis damage. Rust free/minimal is preferred too.

The biggest reason i let go of my EP was because it was hit by that SUV... its just never the same to me. I can always see the flaws in others half ass repair work... no one takes it as personal as i do.

haha yea i feel you on that one. i grow up around older chassis like the eg, ek, dc2s... everytime my boys buy one is always somein wrong wit it.. its always people out there that ghetto ridge their shit.. I have 2 si eg hatch in my yard in great condition but not for sell

Any news on making it to storage my friend?

Negative... father in law back in the hospital. Looks like he will be needing hospice care... these are looking like his last days. : (

Negative... father in law back in the hospital. Looks like he will be needing hospice care... these are looking like his last days. : (
    Ouch. I wish you and your family peace and strength, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
    Ouch. I wish you and your family peace and strength, my friend.
    Agreed man. Don't worry about it. Ill pester crsx for it.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information