Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oogy-boogy View Post
    BTW - Excellent thread John. Feel free to delete my posts as needed.

JJ - Great additions.

John, if you'd like I can add the CAI dimensions for the AEM RSX-S vs EP3.
    Thanks very much Mel.
    Yea definitely add it Mel. I would definitely appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by heinzz10 View Post
    aside from belt issues, how does the street kit reliability/engine life compare to a stock motor?
    I installed my JRSC Race Kit with K-Pro with 18K miles on the car. The next week it was tuned on the dyno. I now have 70,500 miles on the car and it still runs strong. Keep up the maintenance on the car and it will treat you right. I have yet to have a problem that was caused by the JRSC itself.

Quote Originally Posted by BlownSi05 View Post
    I installed my JRSC Race Kit with K-Pro with 18K miles on the car. The next week it was tuned on the dyno. I now have 70,500 miles on the car and it still runs strong. Keep up the maintenance on the car and it will treat you right. I have yet to have a problem that was caused by the JRSC itself.
    I can attest to that! I had about 15k when I first installed the charger and now I am at about 44k and have only changed the belt out about 3 times and ensured regualr maintenance was done (oil, belt tension, visual check, etc.) The charger is quality!

i had the street kit on for a year. put alot of miles on it. I was even delivering pizza on the weekend with it. took it out of state, long drives. I upgraded to 10lbs. Its still not fully tuned, but i have never had a problem with anything. :thumb:

Question porting???

so alot of my SC backround is from lightnings, cobras, and roush mustangs. alot of those guys that off thecharger and get them ported like a head. is that something that can be benifit to the JRSC as well. or is it already ported out as far as it can be.

if that is correct is the reason that these guys are seeing gains by doing this because they are modding a "stock" piece??

and also, the more boost these make the more heat is produced. is there anyway of intercooling them??

Quote Originally Posted by pynikal View Post
    so alot of my SC backround is from lightnings, cobras, and roush mustangs. alot of those guys that off thecharger and get them ported like a head. is that something that can be benifit to the JRSC as well. or is it already ported out as far as it can be.

if that is correct is the reason that these guys are seeing gains by doing this because they are modding a "stock" piece??
    Yes, a supercharger can be ported out for slightly better flow. The gains on our car are minimal however, but either way it is a few whp.

and also, the more boost these make the more heat is produced. is there anyway of intercooling them??
    Yes the more you spin the blades, the more the supercharger will heat up.

There is currently NO way to intercool or aftercool the Ep3 specific JRSC manifold. However, the RSX JRSC manifold has a DIY aftercooler kit for it.

wdsonny, tmartin, and Blacknite have put the most info out for the JRSC Aftercooler DIY kit.....

Quote Originally Posted by tmartin
    Items of interest from WDSonny:

Aftercooler Parts list and pointers

“Here is a starting reference point for those interested in doing your own aftercooler setup. Some things are missing as far as parts go, but that will work itself out.

List of parts needed to “make” an aftercooler for the JRSC manifold for the 2002-2006 RSX platform.

92mm Radiator:
    http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=22274
    There are two shrouds that wrap around the radiator to be able to mount to a PC. Take these two shrouds off to avoid them coming off into your manifold. I sanded the bare metal portion of the cooling core, primered then painted gloss black, to prevent rusting. Next, you will need a ¼ NPT tap and cutting oil. Open up the existing holes to the third cutting thread on the tap.

Heat Exchanger, Pump, etc…:
    http://www.frozenboost.com/index.php...fc49604481bec9
    Water to Air Intercooler Radiator - 24x12x1 (Type 100)
    Water to Air Intercooler Pump and Harness, Bosch Cobra
    Water to Air Intercooler Installation Kit (350/600HP)

Fittings:
    2 - ¼”NPT to -8AN (male to female)
    2 - -8AN Bulkhead Fittings (male to male)
    2 - -8AN Bulkhead Nuts
    2 - -8AN Stat-O-Seal Washers
    2 - -8AN Forged 45degree Union (female to female)
    2 - -8AN to -12AN coupler (male to male)
    2 - -12AN to ¾” Barb fitting (female to male)

Temperature Sensor:
    You can use one of two temp sensors; Wells Brand: SU107 / pigtail 235 or SU109 / pigtail 254 from AutoZone / wherever. One sensor is an open element design and the other is closed. You decide which one you want to run.

Bottom Access Plate:
    You need to fabricate the plate yourself.

Assembly:
    After you cut out the threads on the cooling core (radiator), take the ¼”NPT fitting, Teflon tape, and thread it in. Teflon tape the sensor and thread it as well. After that, everything should fall into place.”

Items of interest from eric loza:

Glycol mix to be run in the winter time instead of straight steam distilled water.

What is glycol? Courtesy of Wikipedia

“The major use of ethylene glycol is as an antifreeze in, for example, automobiles and personal computers. Due to its low freezing point, it is also used as a deicing fluid for windshields and aircraft. Ethylene glycol is also commonly used in chilled water air conditioning systems that place either the chiller or air handlers outside, or systems that must cool below the freezing temperature of water.”

It freezes in Texas so it’s a good idea to run.

Auxiliary cooling fan(s)

He is considering throwing in an auxiliary cooling fan(s) to act as a "pusher" (lots of stop-and-go freeway driving in the Texas heat) in front of the heat exchanger.

Surge tank

This will give the aftercooler expansion capacity and be self-burping so to speak.

http://www.cantonracingproducts.com/...tang_tank.html

It's for the Cobra and basically splices right into the heat exchanger lines. It is item #80-233.

Items of interest from tmartin:

Bottom access plate

Plan on making a new plate to reincorporate the bottom JRSC bracket to support the blower and maybe lesson the vibrations and therefore help the IAT sensors last longer.

IAT Sensor

Still being worked out but attempting to rubber mount the IAT sensor to lesson the stress it encounters from being on the blower.

Bell intercooler

Looking to use a Bell intercooler and weld support arms which will be used to weld the core to the bottom access plate. The hope is to take any stress off the water line fittings and give more support to the core since it is a rough environment in the blower.

BlackNites JRSC aftercooler Installation.
    http://members.cox.net/pwilson247/Home.htm
    Last edited by MugenReplica; 08-12-2008 at 02:04 PM.

thanks! ithink that i am going to try this when i get mine.

thanks! ithink that i am going to try this when i get mine.
    It won't work on our Ep3 manifold. So don't try it. Nobody even knows if the aftercooler stuff will even fit in our engine bay. It's all a hypothesis at the moment.

oh well sh!t.......

oh well sh!t.......
    What I would do is call/email Bell intercoolers and give them dimensions for an aftercooler core with end tanks and housing that would bolt between the charger and the intake manifold (so basically stacking it). Make sure its two pass and it should work really really well. It would be similar to what Prototype Racing is doing, but with a different JRSC manifold

If you need further info, let me know. But I'm confident it would work.

jeff at importbuilders was talking with me about a kit utilizing the new TVS line of superchargers, specifically the 1320, which is a 1.3liter that flows the same as a 2.?liter kenne belle,

aftercooled and custom made kit was like 4 grand for him to produce but he said it would definitly be doable, even tho i still wanted to go non-aftercooled just for space and ease

im really not sure what he has done with these yet, the last i heard he was attempting to use a very large tvs on an eg chassis

k20a.org has tons of info on these engines, its just not everything that fits in an eg swap fits in a cramped ass ep chassis

Quote Originally Posted by phill View Post
    jeff at importbuilders was talking with me about a kit utilizing the new TVS line of superchargers, specifically the 1320, which is a 1.3liter that flows the same as a 2.?liter kenne belle,

aftercooled and custom made kit was like 4 grand for him to produce but he said it would definitly be doable, even tho i still wanted to go non-aftercooled just for space and ease

im really not sure what he has done with these yet, the last i heard he was attempting to use a very large tvs on an eg chassis

k20a.org has tons of info on these engines, its just not everything that fits in an eg swap fits in a cramped ass ep chassis
    A TVS would be amazing. Twin screw FTW! Then add an aftercooler/intercooler and you have a winning formula. I'm still waiting for RedShifts twin screw kits to come out. I'd love to see one in action.
    That price is pretty darn reasonable if he could possibly provide a base tuning map to gauge from.

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    A TVS would be amazing. Twin screw FTW! Then add an aftercooler/intercooler and you have a winning formula. I'm still waiting for RedShifts twin screw kits to come out. I'd love to see one in action.
    That price is pretty darn reasonable if he could possibly provide a base tuning map to gauge from.
    def is a good price for what he was including, also if i remember correctly he was going to try to utilize the stock auto tensioner, but i might be mistaken, seems to me that would be kinda hard to do

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information