Close

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
    Kings Mountain, North Carolina, United States
    2004 Original owner. Original trans 3rd clutch 2nd motor.

0803160624 (1).jpg

2005 all stock 282,000

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

my ep was at 137k before I did my 06 k24a2, I haven't been able to tune it yet but as soon as the roads are cleaned we can rack up more miles

Mine was at about 93,000 miles when I sold it a couple weeks ago.

Not bad for a 15-year-old car. I lived close enough to my workplace that I either walked or rode my bike most of the time. I usually kept my EP in the garage at work, too.

Just purchased my EP3!!! 116500 on the odo

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Edit: 08/22/16. 9270 original miles. I'll be back next year.
    Edit: 07/21/17. All the way up to 9946 miles. Still can't find a reason to sell this car.

Edit: 12/13/17. I decided it was simply time for me to sell my car. I knew I'm going to miss it. I owned two EP3s for a while -- an '02 for six years and an '05 for 12, for a total of 15 years with these cars. Original owner of both. The fellow who bought the '05 has yet to cross the country to pick it up, so it's going to be in my garage for a while longer. Those who have never owned an EP3, or even considered owning one, missed out on a really good one (the first Honda with the ACE body structure, for example). In my humble opinion, had Honda imported the Civic Type R to this country I'm sure the EP3 would have been regarded as a brilliant Honda, different but right up there with the S2000.

Edit: 1208/19. I have no idea what motivated me to return to EPHatch today. Whatever the reason, I will admit I miss my EP3s -- both of them. I'm not saying I regret selling them; just that I thoroughly enjoyed owning them. I still own other Hondas, including a 2015 Accord Sport and a 2019 Ridgeline, but nothing that Honda is now manufacturing (or planned) appeals to me in the same way my two EP3s did. Moreover and unhappily, as we head into the era of hybrids and electric cars, Honda seems to be struggling to produce truly exceptional automobiles. (The e.Honda, for example, is IMHO utter uncompetitive with VW's ID.3 or the upcoming ID.Buzz [despite the terrible name!].) It was also disheartening to learn that Honda is going to shutter the plant in Swindon, England that manufactured EP3s and the Type R. These are disappointing trends. I hope that the company can do more than simply soldier on.

Original 2002 owner with: 150000km (93000 US miles), destroyed Cylinder 1 due to Timing Chain Pensioner at 110km, swapped 2017 K24a2 with 13000km and running strong since. Replaced brakes once, original Trans and Clutch, Tail light relay replaced.

Farewell, BarracksSi

BarracksSi, I tried to posted this as a PM, but your mailbox is full.

I don't often log on to EPhatch these days. So many of the original EP3 owners have moved on, and consequently, much of the early enthusiasm for the car has faded away too. Like you, I owned an '02 EP3. And, like you, I bought it from a dealer in northern VA where I lived at the time. I liked the car so much I bought another one in 2005 and owned two EP3s for a while. I couldn't help myself: In '05 Honda dealers were discounting them like crazy, and I still liked everything about the car. Enough so, in fact, that I still own the '05.

Occasionally I'll log on to post the mileage on the '05, and when I did that yesterday (07/21/17) I saw your post that indicated you'd recently sold your car. I was sorry to read that. Your online signature "BarracksSi" caught my attention many years ago -- I recognized it as a reference to your assignment to the Marine Barracks at 8th & I. For several years, I was assigned to the Navy Yard, and often walked by the Marine Barracks when I rode the Metro instead of driving to work. The fact that you, too, were an autocrosser also caught my attention.

Again, I was sorry to read you'd sold your EP3. I'm going to guess you will also depart the board if you haven't done it already, so I thought it appropriate to say that your enthusiasm for your EP3 and autocrossing added a lot to the community while you were here. Take care.

Just bought a 2002 ep with 93000 miles on it in march 2017. Changed the ac compressor, expansion valve, and condenser last week. Rear calipers and front brake pads today. Maybe installing the lowering springs Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightEP3 View Post
    2004 Original owner. Original trans 3rd clutch 2nd motor.

0803160624 (1).jpg
    2004, fully stock, from what I’ve seen on records original engine, tranny and I think 1 clutch replacement, chilling at almost 159k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked myself up a mint running one a few weeks ago with 241k miles. Has by the looks ebay intake, and header back exhaust.

221,xxx Original owner. Purchased with 7miles that I put on during the test drive.

#2 clutch, replaced intake and exhaust cam shaft for pitting.
    This past year replaced suspension, and radiator.

300+

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Damn, nicely done! Hope my chassis gets there too.

2002, original owner. Just shy of 255,000mi, mostly original except for the 17" wheels. Engine #1, clutch #1 (knock on wood!).
    Replaced: LF wheel bearing, L axle, rear rotors, idler pulley (most recent), cat (too many times.. .will be posting about this shortly), front struts, front ball joints, axle boots, windshield 2X, A/C compressor serviced.

Still driving and still mostly loving it.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread Information