Close

Civ wont drive straight

i have been having this problem since i bought the car and i have had it aligned and it still pulls and i have the stock tires and wheels on the car so i have not a clue what could be the problem. has any body else had this problem?

Was the car crashed at any point?

ephatch member
    post your alignment results.

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Try driving sober. No seriously though, Cow is right. Ever seen the carfax? You could have a lemon! Also isn't there a steering alignment that's different from a suspension alignment?
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

well far as i know the car hasent been wrecked they had a carfax report when i bought it and it was clear but i might wanna check it again just incase they modified the paper for it as for the alignment results i dident get a paper when i had it done it was done at les shawb

i have had this problem on my sisters car and they said that there was uneven wear on the tire, making on bigger and one smaller slightly and thats why its pulling. It was also different tires..Could be wat u have possibly..

I wonder whether your control arms are bent. I assume the alignment shop would tell that to you, though.

it could be since these are the stock tires from the factory

Quote Originally Posted by 04Si View Post
    it could be since these are the stock tires from the factory
    When I bought my Ep at 30,000 miles it was on stock Michelins which had just been rotated front to back. They had never been rotated by the previous owner thus there was "bias wear" since a car is mostly driven slightly turned to the left against the crown of the road. My car pulled to the left when accelerating and pulled to the right when engine braking. The problem was indeed uneven wear of what were the rear tires, wth the point of contact further to the outside on the now right front tire, in effect causing mismatched offsets. The problem diminished after a while, and disappeared completely when I got new performance tires.

I'm not saying that IS the problem, but check for ANYTHING mismatched side to side, including steering parts and tread profile.

im not even shure if mine have been rotated that might be a project for tomarrow just to see if that is the problem and i am also gonna get a carfax report to see if they were telling me every thing at the dealership since i also bought my 04 ep with 30000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by 04Si View Post
    im not even shure if mine have been rotated that might be a project for tomarrow just to see if that is the problem and i am also gonna get a carfax report to see if they were telling me every thing at the dealership since i also bought my 04 ep with 30000 miles

And yours is a Silver Satin like mine. I also had the steering alignment checked on mine because of the pull, it was 100% to exact factory spec.

Remember that the SI does have torque steer, where understeer varies depending upon the amount of gas being applied in even a slight turn.

I doubt the dealer would cover up an accident, they simply wouldn't accept the car from the trade-in customer. Their mechanic would find out, even if the carfax showed nothing. Furthermore the dealer usually extends the drivetrain warranty, (mine's to 60,000) so the the car's reliability is at stake. Cars are usually traded in between 30,000 and 40,000 because it's out of factory warranty, and many owners and lessees prefer to always have a vehicle under warranty.

Thread Information