Close

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    did you bother to read what i posted just for YOU, i gave you a solution to your problem, and it was based on what other people have been saying in this thread since like page 2 or 3...

Uh yeah. I dont want to get cheater pedals or worse, adjust my pedals. Im working on the technique.

Quote Originally Posted by QUEEN View Post
    Uh yeah. I dont want to get cheater pedals or worse, adjust my pedals. Im working on the technique.
    Get pedal covers like these, they are a little wider than stock, and look good at the same time. These are the ones that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by QUEEN View Post
    ok, shoulda said that, unless i missed it, then

if you can put your foot totally sideways and reach great, but it shouldnt need to be a stretch, if you are barely making this work, then its not going to be a fast technique for you, so you'll have to compensate somehow...if you want NICE quality pedals for cheap look into the strutking pedals, ive heard really good things, or look into the mugen sport pedal kit, but those cost a lot more

Quote Originally Posted by jjr007 View Post
    Get pedal covers like these, they are a little wider than stock, and look good at the same time. These are the ones that I have.
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

this is a coolz Technique, i used to work with a guy that did mountain runs with his 91 240sx fastback, he tought me how to do it. I do it everyday now

i heard its kills ur tranny faster and its better to throw it in neutral rather then heel toe.

ephatch member
    badass thread! now i can drive like Tsuchiya! minus the ae86 of course

heel toe ftw!!!.. i always do it even to a dead stop. or to show off to people(ricer) but w/e i like it. and its a must know if your goin to track or race ur car

my dad tought be about this when i was like 6 because he used to drive semi trucks. I can only imagine how bitchy the clutches are on those things, so a long story short, almost every truck driver just rev matches and pops it in.
    I double clutch every time i downshift, never on upshifts.
    and I only heel toe if I'm in a really good mood or pumped up about driving somewhere.

Since the gas pedal is so far back the only time I can successfully heel and toe is when I'm pressing hard on the brakes, which usually happens on the track. It was really usefull on the track but for daily driving since I'm not pressing so hard on the brakes I get a little sloppy.
    I just got some Sparco pedals, and since I kept the stock gas pedal rubber under the sparco pedal it brought the gas pedal up a little bit. It should help a little bit.

which sparco pedals? I've got the sparco grips, love em.

bumping my old thread.looking for a set of cheap pedals to help out on heel toe. cheap for me would be $30 or under. just looking for somthing that has a significantly wider than stock gas pedal so i can adjust the position over to the left. so far i have found these on vw site i liked to go to, but i cant find there dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by MugsyTheGr8 View Post
    bumping my old thread.looking for a set of cheap pedals to help out on heel toe. cheap for me would be $30 or under. just looking for somthing that has a significantly wider than stock gas pedal so i can adjust the position over to the left. so far i have found these on vw site i liked to go to, but i cant find there dimensions.
    cut some steel and rivet it on?
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

If you know the single-clutch downshift. The heel-toe downshift is basically that with the operation of the brake pedal added to the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    cut some steel and rivet it on?
    that would be ideal, but i don't have access to the necessary tools. i just hate seeing really simple pedal designs being sold for $50 plus. i guess i will just have to pony up in the end and spend the $50, but, i just hate to spend money on something that, if i had the proper tools, i could have done myself

Quote Originally Posted by MugsyTheGr8 View Post
    that would be ideal, but i don't have access to the necessary tools. i just hate seeing really simple pedal designs being sold for $50 plus. i guess i will just have to pony up in the end and spend the $50, but, i just hate to spend money on something that, if i had the proper tools, i could have done myself
    hrrm...could could go to home depot or lowes and just rent a drill and a pop rivet tool...just an idea

even get the metal there...

do a rough cut with a hacksaw and clean it up with dremel and file

they are just to help you, no need to be pretty if you are just looking for performance...plus you can add grip tape or rubber nubs where it makes sense for nothing...prolly find both at the hardware store as well haha
    my ep is white...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information