Close

Page 14 of 103 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 88crx View Post
    7.5+40 you'll be golden.

Put the offset/width you have on your car right now and fool around with the offset calculator to figure out how much more inner/outer clearance different widths/offsets effect the wheel spacing. That way you can't mess up the math.
    Thanks for the input, 7.5 +40 offset sounds good. Only a 5 MM difference from the stock offset of +45.
    BTW you EP looks noice.

*BTW i read that achived thread you posted, informative and insightful. It was the offset that was affecting you. I wanted to stay with +45 to retain stock offset however with the 7.5 vs. 7...ill need to go down a bit lower in offset to prevent the inner rim of the wheel from rubbing the rear lower control arm. I dont feel bad with the +40 like i said its only 5 MM off from stock. And yes i never liked the idea of running spacers.
    Last edited by DRP967; 08-09-2010 at 08:14 PM.

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    I kind of wish a moderator would clean this shit up. I like both of you just fine and hate what each of you has done to this thread.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

LOL our bad.

I have no beef with anyone here so i hope 88crx doesn't take anything i say personal.

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by 27rocks View Post
    It all depends on what you consider "fit". I will say yes. With camber they will fit without any issues especially if you rolled your fenders. There are people on here with 16x8 +0 /+15 offset and 205's i believe dumped, so yeah yours would fit.

Heres Trippy's car (hope you dont mind Trippy).
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...ounty-03-Taffy

Oh shit you know I never bothered to look at the specs on his wheels, I see this car at all the meets lol. Now I feel STUPIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Myspacep3 View Post
    Thanks for the input, 7.5 +40 offset sounds good. Only a 5 MM difference from the stock offset of +45.
    BTW you EP looks noice.

*BTW i read that achived thread you posted, informative and insightful. It was the offset that was affecting you. I wanted to stay with +45 to retain stock offset however with the 7.5 vs. 7...ill need to go down a bit lower in offset to prevent the inner rim of the wheel from rubbing the rear lower control arm. I dont feel bad with the +40 like i said its only 5 MM off from stock. And yes i never liked the idea of running spacers.
    Yea man 5mm is nothing. Look at a ruller and you can't even measure that small haha.

How is your tire wear?
    I wouldn't say it's bad. The camber doesn't wear the tire any faster it just wears it in a different spot. I go through wheels so often and I hardly even drive the car anymore so tire wear isn't a big concern.

LOL our bad.

I have no beef with anyone here so i hope 88crx doesn't take anything i say personal.
    The internet...... serious buisness. lol

Sweet jesus, I don. Go on the hatch for a couple days and stuff hits the fan lol. As per the argument on whether or not 17x8 +45 fits I run that set up with 235/40-17 direzza star specs at the track and I don't rub. I'll post pics when I get back from Mexico. But if I were to buy the wheels again in an 8inch wide application I'd go with either +40 or +35 and i'd roll the rears so that they would fit. As for 16x8 I'd prolly stick to the same offsets but tires for that size are hard to come by. If you're jut going for aesthetics then by all means, 225/45-16 looks less bulgy, paired with a nice drop it looks nice. But 225/50-16's have more of a performance selection. But as for performance, the extra weight of the 17's is a small price to pay for the seemingly endless choice option.

Yeah I feel like I get so turned off by seeing 18's on our car that I wanted to stay with 16's, but really 17's would probably fill the wheel wells better when I have less gap. Right now (on stock height) the 16's look fine because the wheel setup couldn't look much more awkward on my car as it is. Maybe I'll go for 17s, thanks guys.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S

Trust me man, I had almost he EXACT same thought. Some people can make 18's work, most can't. I originally wanted 16's due to the weight factor bu I ended up on 17's for the tire selection. Now I cthink 17's look best imho..

Doing a little research I see they sell the wheel I'm looking at in 16x8 +34 as well. What I was looking for with a wide 16 was a wide tire....a 225.

So say i'm at a 2" drop on some stiff coilovers, will I be able to tuck a 225/45 under there with said wheel size?
    Last edited by 02TWSI; 08-11-2010 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 02TWSI View Post
    Doing a little research I see they sell the wheel I'm looking at in 16x8 +34 as well. What I was looking for with a wide 16 was a wide tire....a 225.

So say i'm at a 2" drop on some stiff coilovers, will I be able to tuck a 225/45 under there with said wheel size?
    I can tuck my 17x9 +35's with a 245 tire if i really wanted too, so yes you should be able too with that setup. Even when i hit really deep bumps on the freeway i know it tucks up in there super far and never scrub or rub on anything.

-Rob

awesome, thanks for the info

I can tuck my 17x9 +35's with a 245 tire if i really wanted too, so yes you should be able too with that setup. Even when i hit really deep bumps on the freeway i know it tucks up in there super far and never scrub or rub on anything.
    That's with rolled fenders, correct? Not that I'm opposed to the idea, I'm just trying to get a general understanding of what requires rolling.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S

Quote Originally Posted by Draw7Seven View Post
    That's with rolled fenders, correct? Not that I'm opposed to the idea, I'm just trying to get a general understanding of what requires rolling.
    Of course... rolling fenders is a must. Its easy and cheap to do. Imo our cars should have come with rolled fenders to begin with.

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by 02TWSI View Post
    ok so back to my question since 27rocks obvi pioneered the wide wheels thing....16x8 +20 will it fit? fender rolling? flares? tire size to roll with? Currently dropped on sportlines....
    check my signature. 16x8 +10, fenders rolled +/-0 camber settings. my car is definitely low. the wheels i purchased also come in +20, and i do wish i got those because these poke hard and im real low with 205/40. yes i'm aware my speedo is off by about 5%, im changing tire size soon anyhow.

hope this helped?

do you have any better pics of your car with those wheels? I was looking at them before cause I think they would go hard in the paint with a polished finish.

Page 14 of 103 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread Information