Close

Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by POOPTOOTH View Post
    Continuing to raise the bar man, everything is tits.

You don't happen to have any more of those resistors laying around by chance, do ya?
    Thanks man.... I actually just used the rest of them to make more plugs. Im selling them for $10 shipped each if youd like one

Hey man, props from another EP owner named Evan, your car is clean and super functional. I do have a question though. How did you mount your RA mudflaps? The grit and gravel during the winter is killing my door panels, so I was thinking about picking up some Rally Armor universals, but I'm not sure how to go about mounting them. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by eccramer View Post
    Hey man, props from another EP owner named Evan, your car is clean and super functional. I do have a question though. How did you mount your RA mudflaps? The grit and gravel during the winter is killing my door panels, so I was thinking about picking up some Rally Armor universals, but I'm not sure how to go about mounting them. Any advice?
    Thanks Evan ( so weird to say that lol ) but yeah, with the flaps I just placed them where I wanted and drilled holes to line up with the oem fender liner screws in the front, then on the back I screwed them into the oem mudflap holes in the bumper then made a little bracket to hold the inside steady to the fenderwell.

And I would highly suggest the urethane version. The cheap plastic ones I got are pretty shitty.
    Last edited by liquid cooled; 12-11-2008 at 07:24 AM.

let me know whats up bro
    still have not received anything
    Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post
    Ecclesiastes 1:9
    "What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun."

-King Solomon

Yeah, with all the gravel where I am (they don't salt luckily, the downside is that they gravel EVERYTHING) I planned to pick up the more expensive version so that they don't crack and get beat up. That's basically what I figured I needed to do, I was just wondering if there was any magic to mounting the rear flaps to the fender liner. I was looking at the directions for the OEM splashguards, and it looked simple enough, but I just thought that since I knew you had them, I'd ask to see what you did.

Anyway, keep it up man, your car is amazing. One of the most well sorted EPs around. One of these days I'll be able to afford some nice springs and dampers like your FEEL's, but until then I'll just get by with my HFP kit.

Anything new going on man? I'm sure you have a few things you haven't posed.

Another bulk update for you guys!

Buddy Club P1 upper control arms ....

BC's quality never ceases to amaze me. Not only is the construstion of these things awesome, but the bushings come already clocked! This was the issue with my SPC camber kit. The fixed bushing that mounts to the chassis was parallel to the arm, so when the suspension was compressed the bushing was being twisted like crazy eventually causing it to tear out.

Plus the P1's are aluminum body so Im interested to see the unsprung weight savings copared to the all-steel SPC's.

Here you can see the clocked bushing. Now when the mounting tabs are horizontal the arms point upward at about 30*

Some new additions to the collection :)

My lovely girlfriend got me an engine stand for Christmas and I was finally able to get the motor up off the ground :)

Started my SHG RS door pulls... Just a mock up for now but Ive come up with a design and a few things are gonna need to be modified and fabbed.

Loving how this looks though!

Here are the original door lever brackets that I had to modify to work with the new pulls. You can see the tab that holds the end of the actuator cable in the first picture. I had to weld in a piece of metal to extend the tab so the strap wouldnt stick out too far, aswell as flip it upside down so the strap would come out flush with the door.

Kitty was overseeing the sewing process... maybe she knew it was the first time Ive ever touched one of these things :P

Both straps sewed up

And the drivers side attached to the cable. You can kind of see the stitching here. The cable had a 90 deg metal end on it so I slid it in the open end of the strap then hand stitched around both parts of the cable end.

All done!

I finally got around to refinishing my seat like Ive wanted to since I got it. I wasnt feeling the glossy carbon (if you guys havent noticed I HATE shiny carbon) lol.

Since the harness guides are bonded together you have to break them to get the seat upholstery off. Since Im not ready to get a new cover I just masked them off and pulled the cover back.

Here it is wet sanded and prepped:

And cleared!

All done and looking smooth and sexy :)

I Finally got around to uploading my dyno results from a few months ago. Bone stock baseline - it will be interesting to see what the intake and exhaust I have planned will do for the A3 before I swap!

And here is a little taste of what Ive been working on at work this past week. I did my first pipe bending and welding on a customers car. I made these door bars to replicate the bars on the driver side to replace the X brace that used to be here. Took some time but came out perfect!

And also the custom dash I did in the same car. Race Technology data logger installed as well as the fire system...

mmm...torque :D
    those door handles are awesome! porsche boxter spyder anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny_Ej6 View Post
    Miss you bro car looks awesome!!
    Thanks dude, whats new with you?

Got some work in on the airbox today.... I sprayed it with primer to see what low spots and imperfections that still needed attention then spread on some glazing putty to fill them in.

Heres what it looked like after sanding the primer (dark grey) and putty (dark red)

Then another coat of primer before attaching the flange and spreading the base contour from the box to the flange. I let it set overnight so I can start sanding tomorrow.

And I also got these today - 05-06 Type S rear strut braces. The ITR came with these connected by a bolt on bar, but Im going to use them for my own custom welded strut bar. Stay tuned!

Can't say I love the idea of the door pulls, but sweet custom fab none the less.

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    ma boy E doin it up as usual

Damn!!! Eeeeeeeee!!!!

loving the details of the build.
    makes me wanna keep my EP.

Damn you come up with the craziest ideas and they always look siiicckkk

r you gonna get the middle piece bar for the rear gussetts

i got those too but been lazy to put them on...

PAYMENT SENT for the precut ALCANTARA DOOR INSERTS
    Last edited by MadLorEP3; 02-05-2011 at 01:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post
    Ecclesiastes 1:9
    "What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun."

-King Solomon

i was actually gonna ask to see if you had any alcantara left?..ive been searching for it around my area with no luck
    PSN: theehuggybear

Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread Information