Close

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    i just got an em2 sway bar off a 4 door civic, and it did NOT fit. i have a DCRH with a k24, if i want to install that sway bar, it will hit a few hoses up there, or cables im not sure what they are, maybe a/c lines.

bump, i need to know which sway bar to buy from the dealer guys

em2's are not 4 doors, em2's are coupes and you need 01-03 sway bar....not 04-05

You have to use the em2 (01-03) I think its 15.9mm. The newer ones are a little thicker.

i thought it was the other way around. there is much confusion around regarding these sway bars. Some people say that the newer ones are 15.9mm, while the older ones were 24.5mm. anyways, sorry for the newbieness, but from where to where is this length measured? one of the em2 sway bars will not fit, it sits too high up the chassis and is in slight contact with a few stuff. would that one be the 24 or 15mm?

Let me put it to you like this, I am using the 15mm Diameter one, its thinner, with a bcrh and k24a2, and it fits no problem. You do NOT want the thicker one.

thanks a million. i was hoping it was the 24mm one that didn't fit. i think my car understeers as is.

Yeah, to tell you the truth, I didn't run a sway for several months, then got around installing it, never even noticed it. I dont track my car however.

I just ran into this same problem on my ep while running an obx rsx-s spec raceheader but no swap. The part number you need is 51300-S5D-A02. It is the 15.9mm bar I can attest to that. While I was at it I picked up energy suspension bushings to go with it. Anything you want to know about swaybars is in this link in the suspension section http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43253

quick question what clutch and flywheel did all ya'll you use with your k24a2 swap

Very good right up.

Quote Originally Posted by ep3berg View Post
    quick question what clutch and flywheel did all ya'll you use with your k24a2 swap
    using stock

Quote Originally Posted by ep3berg View Post
    I still have the stock clutch, now at 90K, held up pretty good one would say.

Quote Originally Posted by 02civicsi02 View Post
    Very good right up.
    Thanks man, I learned a lot on this site 'back in the day' trying to give back.

Quote Originally Posted by RHCP0801 View Post
    using stock
    I hadnt had time to reply to your pm. I think you asked me about the map sensor? The sensor will be located on the rbb manifold itself. If you don't have the motor already, you will see, its very obvious. I dont think I have a pic without having the jrsc on there, sorry.

thanks
    Last edited by ep3berg; 09-16-2010 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vbpracer View Post
    I hadnt had time to reply to your pm. I think you asked me about the map sensor? The sensor will be located on the rbb manifold itself. If you don't have the motor already, you will see, its very obvious. I dont think I have a pic without having the jrsc on there, sorry.
    yea man i found it, its all ready to be dropped in starting tomorrow morning!

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information