Close

Question 03 EP3 switching to 04-05 EDM Projectors. What is needed? Please Help

I have an 03 EP and I'm fixing to pick up a set of 04-05 EDM Projectors. I cannot find a thread that can give me a straight forward answer to my question. I want to go to HID's when I swap. What do I need to do? Can a company like XenithXenons just make me a plug and play HID conversion kit for an 03 ep3 with 04-05 EDM Projectors?

And what are the exact bulb differences in 02-03's and 04-05's? 02-03's have 9003 and 04-05's have 9006? Is that correct? Somebody please set me straight on what I need to do. I'm clueless in this whole lighting thing.
    Last edited by ricerEP3; 05-18-2010 at 01:45 AM. Reason: I'm a fuckin retard

where are you buying the EDM projectors from?

I'm currently in the middle of this project so I'll provide what info I can. I'll be writing a DIY with pics once I have all the parts to do this.

If you have EDM headlights like I bought from the UK then they are RHD. You'll need the following parts from the USDM market just to get the high/low beam working:

TSX LHD projectors
    04-05 TSX ballasts
    TSX ignitors
    D2S bulbs
    You need an aftermarket wiring harness as the stock one isn't made to handle that amount of current.
    Pigtails to go from that new harness to the TSX ballasts
    My headlights did not come complete. They were missing bulb covers, the plastic cap and o-ring that cover the low beam opening, the screws that hold the ballasts onto the headlight housing, and the o-ring to seal the ballasts onto the housing.

If you are just going to use a regular bulb for the high beam you just need to make the sure harness above has a 9005 connector on it to hook up to the bulb.
    I got all of my HID components from TheRetrofitSource.com. They did an excellent job and packed everything problem for shipping. I recommend them.

As far as the other little things like o-rings and screws, I posted some images in this thread:

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...tor-headlights

that has part numbers so you can order whatever you need.

As for the other lights... according to this thread:

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...nfo-found-here

the rest of the bulbs (markets and turn signals) are the same so it shouldn't be a problem. However, I haven't done my install yet so I can't say for sure.

If you bought EDM headlights they should have leveling motors on the back. From what I've read you pretty much need to hook up the leveling system to make sure the projectors stay in one place.

The part number for the leveling switch is 35820-S5S-G11ZA.

http://www.maxrev.de/files/2009/01/h...t_adjuster.jpg

The leveling motors themselves if you don't have them can't be sourced directly from Honda without buying the whole housing. But you can get them here.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-..._Motor/ES2365/
    http://www.idparts.com/catalog/produ...3kugrb6dplg7r6

The connector is different but its the same unit.

Wiring the leveling system is a mystery right now. I'm still working on getting a working harness made. Once I do I'll post the details on it. There used to be a thread before the crash with a diagram of how to wire it but I haven't been able to find it.

Here is the wiring diagram for the harness.

http://www.maxrev.de/files/2009/01/h...t_adjuster.jpg

This thread has the pinouts.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...itch-and-relay

I'm buying them used. They are the LHD version.

Probably from Germany or the Netherlands? I got mine from the UK.

So then you don't need the projectors. Just everything else.

I want to just buy a plug and play harness with the ballasts and whatever else that will give me HID's in my 04-05 projectors that will hook right up to my 03 headlight harness. Can theretrofitsource.com do that for me? I don't really feel like or want to piece it all together myself.

They sent me everything I need to change the system over in 1 box.

If your headlight housings are missing pieces you'll need to order those though.

Thumbs up

Sweet man. Thanks a lot. I'll have to check them out on my computer when I get home. They have good prices?

i want to just switch from my 02-03 to the depo 04-05 lights, they just look better IMO i think speedstar makes a harness to switch over..not sure on that, but i know someone does... i just remember it being a little out of my price range.
    Last edited by fatathaland; 01-22-2009 at 07:10 PM.

Which harness/harnesses from theretrofitsource.com would I need? I'm guessing I would just need the relay harnesses to convert it, and then the actual HID kit? Should I get the HID kit from them or somewhere else? Like XenithXenons or whatever

Gosh I'm such a n00b

Send an email to the retrofit source. They have multiple different harnesses depending on what car you have and what setup you're putting in your car. they are very knowledgeable and will work out everything you need with you.

The XenithXenons are after market. They may be quality made but you'l have to drill holes in your housing somewhere to run wiring. The stuff from TRS is 100% OEM. No quality worries. You're getting Mitsubishi ballasts and ignitors and Phillips bulbs.

To me, anything that can be done with an OEM solution with be better quality and more dependable than any after market solution.

Thumbs up

Alright man. I'll email them and try to get it all sorted out. Thanks again for your help!

Thread Information