Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

225/50-16s? rub or roll?

i bought some new rims, decided to wait for tires to mount.

question is:

will a 225/50-16 tire rub or require fender roll? the rims i got are 16x7 40 offset. i dont plan on a drop at this time...

does anyone have a pic of 225/50s with out a drop? im afraid it may look 4x4.

i tried a search- no results
    the tire fitment guide is cluttered and have different set ups.

thanks

that would be awsome. i dont plan on gettin new tires untill ive done some looking around. my guess is, you have them and dont rub?

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    My signature links to my member's ride, those are 205/50/16, but you get the idea. The tires are nowhere near rubbing anywhere on stock height.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

i have 205/55s now. they look fine. i guess im looking for potential upgrade when i replace these. thanks tho, nice ride btw. i had stubbled upon it earlier when i was looking for a similar set up.

i seen a car that looked an awful lot like yours, almost made me get polished slips or something like...i even saved a pic. ill post it up from photobucket.

this is 225/50/16 with a 2 inch drop, I had to roll the back. If you are stock height you are fine. Even the .75 inch drop of the hfp and aspec kits are still fine with 225/50/16

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...n-from-clubep3

Like what ryan02 said, you have to roll the back. When I had 225/50/16's in the front, they rubbed on the inner fender guard sometimes, and I was lowered on H&R Sport Springs (2" all-around) with Tokico D-Spec struts. I do have to note that I had the camber within OEM spec, -.5 in the front and -1.5 in the rear. If I went -1.0 in the front, it probably would've been fine.

I found that 225/45/16 work quite well all around, but you get less sidewall protection. I personally kind of like the beefiness of 225/50's.

This is an old picture of my tire setup. Rota Slipstreams 16 x 7 40+, 225/45 in front, 225/50 rear.

thanks guys. so i should be ok on the rub... and if i ever do decide to drop, i would be ok unless its about a 2inch.

nice pics too. now my concern is looks. im dont want to look too too beefy on the stock ride hieght.

would 205s be too narrow for 7inch wheels? incase im not too fond of the beefy look...

I'm on 215/50/16 slipstreams x7. I like the beefiness too. I have about 1 finger gap all around and no rubbing. Even with the IC piping sticking out of the fender liner

Quote Originally Posted by jh604 View Post
    I'm on 215/50/16 slipstreams x7. I like the beefiness too. I have about 1 finger gap all around and no rubbing. Even with the IC piping sticking out of the fender liner
    drop? pics! thanks!

2002 EP & 2013 FB - K24 all day! SinisterCivicSi's Avatar
    IMO alot of it depends on WHAT your dropped on. if you have coilovers you should be fine... if your on lowering springs, you might have rub if you dont roll your fenders... depends on if you carry passengers alot, etc.

i am on progress coilovers dropped about 1.75-2 inches. i dont have rubbing issues unless i have a car full of people and i am going on an exit ramp or something, it might just slightly tap the fender well on a bump... other than that - no issues...

these are old pics but i am still rockin the same setup - just a little lower now than pictured here:

Quote Originally Posted by tlikethedrink View Post
    drop? pics! thanks!
    Dropped on Megan coilovers

The Front - http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2649/...1007031038.jpg
    Couldnt get pics with the IC piping but I hope this helps

The Rears - http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/7...1007031038.jpg

i had 225/50s on stock ex wheels stock height, no rubbing, also lowered 2 inches, no rubbing. i can provide pics if youd like

i got my tires on. went with a falken 512 in 205 55. im pretty sure its the rim mainly- but they LOOK extra beefy. the orange lip INSIDE the rim make the rims look like 14s from a side view. angles are ok, you can see the tire start and the rim end in gm not orange...

ephatch member
    Bumping this thread.

Would 225/50R16 work okay on a 16x7 rim? Or too much bulge to be unsafe?

im running a 225/50/16 @ stock height and it is perfectly fine even @ full compression

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information