Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_in_MO View Post
    Hey, what'dya'know, my name is in aqua. Had you not mentioned it, I would have never noticed.

Anyway, after the adjustment to the cable, I can definitely tell a difference. There's no additional performance by means of power, obviously, but the pedal feels better connected to the throttle, especially below 2,000RPM. Occasionally, taking off from a dead stop, there'd be a bit of a studder as I swapped from clutch to gas, and I just figured it was me being lazy, since my last car never had that issue. With less slack in the cable, the issue is gone.
    Your avatar is in black and white, too. Just in case you never look over there. :)
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

Quote Originally Posted by Draw7Seven View Post
    Somebody piss in your cornflakes this morning or do you just really not like new members?

I've owned my EP3 for six years and never had a clue what that cable was for. I'd like to apologize in advance for my gross ignorance of the subject, I know now how deeply it must cut you... my turn to roll some fucking eyes.
    Im not butt hurt at all, I was expressing indifference, I just never thought they were anything but obvious...I wasn't judging, just didn't know it wasn't obvious...not upset...just expressing that I don't care, obviously you do
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    Im not butt hurt at all, I was expressing indifference, I just never thought they were anything but obvious...I wasn't judging, just didn't know it wasn't obvious...not upset...just expressing that I don't care, obviously you do
    That's really cool about how automatics have another cable that goes to the transmission. And this morning I just went out and checked and there's a little bit of play to the throttle cable, but not enough to warrant changing it: I'd probably just overtighten it and have no idle.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

Quote Originally Posted by Draw7Seven View Post
    That's really cool about how automatics have another cable that goes to the transmission. And this morning I just went out and checked and there's a little bit of play to the throttle cable, but not enough to warrant changing it: I'd probably just overtighten it and have no idle.
    Id suggest attempting to adjust it...rule of thumb for any cable adjustment is tighten it until there is no more play, then back it off and add just enough play to take any initial tension off in the "at rest" position...yet another reason I miss my old cable clutch civics when I did the clutch on the ep. The ep has an auto adjusting setup for the hydraulic clutch, so when I changed the clutch I hate to wait for the damn thing to tighten up again, whereas on my old 86si alln I had to do was adjust a thumb adjustment at the clutch arm on the transmission...if you can't tell I love manual adjustments
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

How do you actually adjust the cable, specifically the nut that's before the outer most nut? Trying to do this Ill post pics soon http://www.flickr.com/photos/56207487@N05/5199238825/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/56207487@N05/5199833266/
    Edit: Just posting pics, might help someone else, Thanks Aaron btw
    Last edited by kyr3n; 11-22-2010 at 03:36 PM. Reason: adding pics

kyr3n: loosen the nut on the right with a 12mm wrench, and back it off a bit so you can pull the cable up a little. Then spin the nut on the left--which should now be loose since the right one was helping keep it tight--toward the left. Then pull the assembly to the right so the left nut is against the post again, and see how much slack is left. When you're happy, tighten the right nut against the post and you're done.

Just wanted to bump this up to the top, if you haven't done it yet you totally should. My car feels like new. This "mod" was worth more than the SRI that I put on....
    Do it, it takes 5 minutes and makes a huge difference. I used to hate accelerating in-town because of the hesitation/bog down feeling in 2nd....gone now.

Just did it this weekend. My cable was not tight at all! I too had "trouble" taking from a dead stop or even shifting gears. Now it is so smooth and precise, I hate myself for not checking this before. I guess it was slack like this since I have the cars, 4 years...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information