Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ephatch member

Blue2turbo - Virginia - 04' SSM Si

Hey what's up guys. I am fairly new to this site, but not new to Honda's and the whole "import car" thing. I recently sold off my 03' VW GTI which was my DD and picked up my new DD, my SSM 04' EP3. So far I am much happier with the Si, the VW was a huge interior rattle trap, parts were ridiculously priced, and repairs, while doable were still a pain most of the time... I do miss that low end torque though.

So I haven't had a chance to take any pictures of the car myself as weather here has sucked, but I bought it from a member on here, just off a different board. Details of the car:

04' SSM
    75k original Miles, previous owner's dad was the originial owner.
    Mostly stock with a few mods
    -Buddy Club Short Shifter
    -Skunk2 springs
    -2.5" exhaust with OBX Twinloop
    -Yellow Fogs (Ebay I think)

Here are the pictures I have from previous owner (note Mugen wing is no longer on the car)

So far, I think the stock struts/shocks are blown so they will be replaced. It has a few other small things that are being replaced/fixed.

The car will actually be going into the garage tonight for some upgrades/maintenance to make sure it is 100%. So far I have ordered:

Raceland Coilovers (to cover the possible blown shock issue and still be able to lower it.)
    OEM Mudguards
    JDM Amber fender sidemarkers
    JDM Shift boot
    Double Din mounting kit/wiring harness so I can put my Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD in there
    CTR Replica Front Lip (I am picking this up right after xmas)
    Amsoil Synchro Mesh for transmission

Other then that I will be looking everything over and making sure it's up to par and ready to go!

Future plans are to get some trade my tail lights for some 02-03 tail lights, different 16" wheels, change the shift knob, Fix the exhaust so the tip doesn't stick out so far, Depo Projector headlights (possible TSX retrofit too), and a K&N drop in filter, and OEM carbon dash trim. This is my DD so I am HOPING not to fall into the disease of modding this car beyond belief... but who knows

If you're wondering where the username came from, it is my board name from most of the boards I am on because my other money pit/garage queen is my 93 MR2 Turbo. The car makes 340whp on 93 pump gas and 420whp on E85. Tuned on AEM. Stock longblock from valve cover to oil pan. I don't have a lot of pics as it has been an ongoing project, but here is one from a meet I hosted this fall:

That MR2 is pure sex dude!!!!

welcome to the site, enjoy your EP. hope to see a member's ride thread on the MR2 someday.
    Last edited by ep3moschini; 12-03-2008 at 02:59 PM.

ephatch member
    Thanks for the compliments. MR2 has been my pride and joy. I will def. do a members ride on it once I get it off to have the trunk repainted and get some quality pictures with it. I have a couple guys local lined up to do some photoshoots, I just haven't been able to get it completely ready in time.

As for the EP3, The 2.5 hour drive back from buying it was very enjoyable, minus the bouncing. I am fairly confident the shocks are blown. I've been out of the Honda scene for awhile now, but after my brief stint in the German world, I think I will stick with Toyota's and honda's and being that Toyota didn't make anything that appealed to me newer then 1998, I pretty much decided it was back to the ever reliable, easy to work on, fun to drive Honda's!

Welcome! You like the little bit of snow we just had? lol

If youre missing TQ, and want to retain your DD reliability... drop in a k24a1. 30lb/ft bump easy and it can be run on the stock ECU (with injector swap and header/exhaust limitations).... if you dont wanna be bothered with KPro and tuning.

Most stock block k24a1's with kpro and boltons average 180whp/170wtq. More than enough to make your commutes on 64/664 (etc) easy.

wazzzap fellow virginian welcome to the site im setting up a meet in the area pretty soon so il keep you posted!

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmtcan View Post
    wazzzap fellow virginian welcome to the site im setting up a meet in the area pretty soon so il keep you posted!
    Awesome. My car is under the knife in my garage right now, but hopefully soon it will be back on the ground and ready to roll. Do you have a timeframe?

welcome and the mr2 is pretty sick

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Nice ride! You already have the best mod you can have for our cars in that BCSS. I think every EP needs one of those (and a K20A2, lol).

I promise I'm not trying to be that guy, but I read your whole post (nice MR2!) and I noticed you were considering a Depo TSX retrofit. I have just about everything you'd need to do it at what I consider to be a very fair price (go look up TSX projector part prices) on the classifieds thread in my sig. And even if you don't buy mine, you're welcome to throw any questions about the retrofit my way.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by Draw7Seven View Post
    Nice ride! You already have the best mod you can have for our cars in that BCSS. I think every EP needs one of those (and a K20A2, lol).

I promise I'm not trying to be that guy, but I read your whole post (nice MR2!) and I noticed you were considering a Depo TSX retrofit. I have just about everything you'd need to do it at what I consider to be a very fair price (go look up TSX projector part prices) on the classifieds thread in my sig. And even if you don't buy mine, you're welcome to throw any questions about the retrofit my way.
    I have actually clicked on your link multiple times and I have been on the fence back and forth about picking the entire thing up I just can't spend the additional money right now until I get through the holidays and get my car back on the road and 100% solid so it is a functioning daily driver. I probably won't even be able to start planning the depo's until spring/summer... which is a bummer.

BTW, beautiful BMW, I REALLY wanted a 135i for the longest time, I just would prefer to keep my MR2 and bike over selling everything to get one.

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Haha no problem man! Let me know if you're interested. My setup would give you a real leg up at a bargain to finish up where I started and DIY the whole thing onto your car at way less than CTR's would cost you... but if you want CTR's I have those too! Lol.

Thanks re: the BMW, yeah the 135 packs quite a punch, I was never a true performance car driver so I went with the more affordable 128i. Just the same, it's a great little car. Don't give up your projects just to drive a stock bimmer that anybody could whip.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

haha, welcome to the dark side! i just traded my '04 S4 for an '04 EP3 because similar to you, i dreaded the cost of replacement parts and all the electrical issues i was having with it.
    i love the EP3 and so surprised how "cheap" parts are for these cars!
    i do miss the power of the 4.2L V8 on the S4 and the solid drive. but whatever, i'm having lots of fun with the EP3 and i'm using half the gas i used to.

never going back to european cars unless i have an extended EXTENDED warranty, LOL.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by r6punk View Post
    haha, welcome to the dark side! i just traded my '04 S4 for an '04 EP3 because similar to you, i dreaded the cost of replacement parts and all the electrical issues i was having with it.
    i love the EP3 and so surprised how "cheap" parts are for these cars!
    i do miss the power of the 4.2L V8 on the S4 and the solid drive. but whatever, i'm having lots of fun with the EP3 and i'm using half the gas i used to.

never going back to european cars unless i have an extended EXTENDED warranty, LOL.
    Haha, yea after my brief stint in the European car realm, not going back unless I buy something brand new, then at 50k when warranty is up, letting it go. So far I like my EP3, have to clear up some mistakes from the previous owner, but soon enough I should have it like new ready to go for another 100k miles!

Welcome to the site! and a very nice ep u have there, what part of norfolk r u in? im in ov, havent seen you around here i dont think

its good to see so many ppl from the 757 gettin on here, i was beginning to think they didnt exist lol....

oh and about the recent snow weve been having... i actually didnt think the p did bad @ all in the snow... it was fairly easy to drive considering the fact that ive lived in va my whole life, and have driven in the snow maybe 4 times? lol

EDIT: def looking forward to an ep meet here in hampton roads sometime! keep me posted on that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information