Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    the city lights are moved to the upper corner of the lights, i think you have to trim some of the electrical tape for it to reach

We were able to install the city lights without cutting the tape; um I haven't had to change those but I was able to replace the turn signal lights through th wheel wells; you may be able to reach it through there also; unclip and unscrew the bumper and the fender from the weather guard and slip you hand in...good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by RHCP0801 View Post
    the city lights are moved to the upper corner of the lights, i think you have to trim some of the electrical tape for it to reach
    Quote Originally Posted by ep_curious View Post
    We were able to install the city lights without cutting the tape; um I haven't had to change those but I was able to replace the turn signal lights through th wheel wells; you may be able to reach it through there also; unclip and unscrew the bumper and the fender from the weather guard and slip you hand in...good luck!
    1. Yes sir we did trip some of the electrical tape to get em to reach.

2. Thanks for the input...I dunno if its just me but i struggle with all this stuff.
    Unless an install is something basic and easily accessible....im cussing like a mofo trying to get things removed/installed/etc.

I found the part no. for the turn signal sockets which is 33303-SAA-003

Anyone know the part number for the pig tails?

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Myspacep3 View Post
    I dunno if its just me but i struggle with all this stuff.
    Unless an install is something basic and easily accessible....im cussing like a mofo trying to get things removed/installed/etc.
    It's not just you. I'm definitely done getting under the hood of any car for a long long time because of how dry, blistered, and road grimed my knuckles and fingernails would become after trying to perform the most menial installs or upgrades.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

Same here i have a 03 (UK built) left hand drive Type-3. Can anyone confirm if these will fit? Where can i get a plug & play harness.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krod View Post
    wanted to order a set of these for my 02 does the harness come with the lights or do you have to buy it seperate? also with the harness i will still need different parking light sockets correct,and with the harness do you actually have both lights in each headlight or the non projector does it stay empty? sorry for the questions just want to know what im getting into before i get these.

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samaj View Post
    Same here i have a 03 (UK built) left hand drive Type-3. Can anyone confirm if these will fit? Where can i get a plug & play harness.

Thanks
    I see no reason why these lights wouldn't fit any EP3, though a UK spec may use different wiring schemes or bulbs to pass road laws there (for example Canadian EP's have DRL's). Physically they will fit, and if you don't want to build your own harness to save money you'll probably end up at suvlights.com. From what I hear you can just call them and tell them what you're doing and they'll help you figure out which harness to order. Still, there are some good threads around here to help you fab up your own harness for much less $$$.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

i just ordered the depos and the harness from ssr (i have an 02). anyone do this install with the harness ? i dont think it will be that hard but would like pointers from someone who has done it.. i am bad with wires

Quote Originally Posted by jeenyusss View Post
    i just ordered the depos and the harness from ssr (i have an 02). anyone do this install with the harness ? i dont think it will be that hard but would like pointers from someone who has done it.. i am bad with wires
    How much did you pay for the harness?

Any updates..? Everything plug & play?

Quote Originally Posted by jeenyusss View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Type_R_Nammer View Post
    How much did you pay for the harness?
    it was 400 for everything - headlights/harness/bulbs/turnsocket mod

Quote Originally Posted by samaj View Post
    Any updates..? Everything plug & play?
    i was hoping someone would tell me! lol. tracking number has it coming on the 31st

Sucess comes in cans Yo_KyleEP3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhcp0801 View Post
    i had them too, fit great and everything but i got tired of them, so i went back to blacked out 04-05s and ambered out the turn signal part....looks a million times better
    pics of this please!

Sucess comes in cans Yo_KyleEP3's Avatar
    this ish sounds so complicated! I Feel stupid when it comes to these things =( I feel your pain and frustration man! Id be cussing like a mofo too!

Quote Originally Posted by RHCP0801 View Post
    no they wont, you have to buy H1 bulbs

http://www.ephatch.com/forum//showth...l=1#post553526
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by Distance View Post
    We were able to make it work.
    Idk how you did cause I bought these and had to replace my 9006s with H1s cause they wouldn't fit. I also had to buy some X-clip adaptors so the bulb would stay in the projector. The bulbs that are shipped with the bulbs are H1 size but they also have a white back plate that keeps the bulb locked into the projector when the clip is secured but other H1 bulbs and HID H1 bulbs (at least the ones that I bought. I got mine from Xenith Xenon) do not have the back plate. I even bought a standard H1 bulb from Wal-mart just to see if it would fit, also the connectors in the back have 2 prongs instead of 1, the Wal-mart bulb only had one prong so it wouldn't work even if I tried. It was a big pain in the ass, I tired every way to get the new H1 bulbs to fit, even resulting in break the filament in one and having to order replacments, but it was worth it in the end. The 9006s won't work because for the bulb to stay in the projector it would have to twist and the Depo sets have absloutly no room for movement at all. Inside the lens and the lens itself in the engien bay are pretty tight to begin with and if you try to twist it it will just break and you'll be out another $50 for replacements. Also the X-Clips are $20 but it was the only way I could figure out how to get the bulbs to fit and stay.

Some answers to all these questions:

I recently installed the 04/05 Depo's on my hatch and it came with very clear instructions with pics. It came with harness for 02/03 that I just took off for my car. I did have to remove some of the electrical tape from the wires for one of the sockets to reach the new location - no big deal. The lights fit great, just make sure you put them in place correctly... take your time. Remove the entire bumper, it's easy. My lights are aimed too high and the adjustment screws haven't seemed to work but I need to give it another try. The shoot up very high on the right side as well which I didn't think was normal for American cars and I still need to figure this out. They even light up the overhead signs on the interstate when no other cars do... whoops!
    Last edited by large; 04-01-2011 at 06:48 PM. Reason: typos

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information