Close

Reverse car care...stripping it down to the base.

So i want to strip all the paint off my car in order to re-paint it. I have alot of double sided stickers and SUPER GLUE stuck on the paint from a glued on wide body from the previous owner. I was wonder what your guys thoughts were to strip this all down and get to the the metal or stock primer. I was gonna sad but you cant really sand the super glue too well =/

you can sand the super glue, it should be softer than clearcoat, but you'll have to repaint it anyways. get jasco paint stripper it works magic. *USE AT YOUR OWN RISK THAT SHIT DOES NOT FUCK AROUND*

also, I will not be held responsible for anything you choose to use jasco, or any paint stripper on, or injuries that occur from the use of said products.

seriously though read the directions and use in a ventilated area and wear gloves, maybe 2 sets, it will melt gloves and burn your skin and could def blind you realllll fast. but it works.

actually try acetone first, i heard that breaks down superglue pretty good. use go gone or something on the tape.

Goo Gone works "ok" on the double sided tape, as for the acetone, it doesnt do much of anything to the glue.. And i tryied sanding it with 60grit and it just smoothes the glue, u can still see it lol

For real that jasco paint stripper will take skin off your body. It's potent shit. It's so good tho but it also smells like rubbing alcohol and dog shit... Encapsulated together .... Ugh

Sounds scary, ill wear like 3 pairs of gloves. But anything will be better than whats stuck on my car...it wont destroy my tires if it toches it will it?

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by talonpunk831 View Post
    Sounds scary, ill wear like 3 pairs of gloves. But anything will be better than whats stuck on my car...it wont destroy my tires if it toches it will it?
    It will destroy anything it touches other than metal. Take off your wheels and put the car on stands, or at the very least throw some towels/newsprint/tarps over each wheel so that any splash or overspray won't eat through the rubber immediately.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

Thread Information