Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You mean connects only through power wire... or through wiring harness? The ECU gets its power from the fuse box (ECU fuse) and there are other wires that feed to the ECU.

The fuse box is like a glorified distribution block. Just a bunch of metal strips and plastic. You could actually hardwire everything if you really wanted to... but that would be a nightmare...

Ya so the fuse box has power in and power out (part of charge harness). And also a bunch of wires running directly out the bottom straight to the ECU and thats it?

My fusebox is under my driver's headlight area. I did mine when the engine and transmission was out, and it was a whole lot easier like that. Once the loom is off, you can pretty much separate the wiring harness, and I only cut and extended one ground wire to put it under the headlight. While you are doing that, the wiper harness can be separated and re-routed. I did not choose to put the fuse box in the glove compartment b/c of one sensor and I believe it was the knock sensor that needed to be extended.

A couple of pics from 2yrs ago

Passenger w/loom removed

I like my windshield squirters so I trimmed the neck

Probably not the best location for the slim battery, but I'm too lazy to move it again

Thanks for the post. That helps.

Any pics of what it looks like now? Just curious how much is tucked. And good idea on the washer fluid bottle, you just hack the neck down and reuse the stock cap?

You're welcome.
    The washer fluid neck, yeah chopped and epoxy'd. That way the cap still fits on there. It was sprayed black. On the passenger's side, I just re-routed the wires for a cleaner look.
    On the driver's, I just did away with the battery and fuse box. The a/c line is still there.
    Mine is definitely not an extreme tuck, but here it is.

Last edited by TigerBallZ; 08-10-2011 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerBallZ View Post
    You're welcome.
    The washer fluid neck, yeah chopped and epoxy'd. That way the cap still fits on there. It was sprayed black. On the passenger's side, I just re-routed the wires for a cleaner look.
    On the driver's, I just did away with the battery and fuse box. The a/c line is still there.
    Mine is definitely not an extreme tuck, but here it is.

Wow. This looks really good. I can't wait to start this.

Does the wiring harness plug into the bottom of the EP fuse box?
    Last edited by bunk; 02-12-2009 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Does the wiring harness plug into the bottom of the EP fuse box?
    There is a harness that plugs into it but it isn't part of the engine harness, theyre completely separate harnesses. I know, back from the dead, but I'm going to be tackling a wire tuck over the winter months and going to relocate the battery and fusebox. Here are some pics of what I did with the em2, it was a major pita. From tigerballz, it seems like you don't even have to extend the fusebox wiring to tuck it. That's sweet!

This kinda goes along with that ya'll are talking about. I was just wondering what ya'll think about the k-tuned idle air assist delete kit. If it really is there just to raise the idle for a cold start, I'm going to delete it. And also will it effect on the idle for a killer vtec, as in will it make the idle more aggressive?

Nah im glad this thread is still active. Its one of those that should be an ongoing info thread to help those that want to do this.

I was curious about the EP box just wondering how deep I had to go in order to incorporate EPS in my EJ. I later found out I didn't need the EP fuse box to do it.

Personally I like the IACV. As long as I use the OEM throttle body I will have the IACV. Once I swap the RRC IM and Hybrid TB, ill ditch the IACV because it will look like its supposed to be without it. As far as that goes with VTEC killer setups... the idle is one of its weak points. I would think anything you could use to help that issue you would keep. JMO.

what were the #s for that d17?

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    what were the #s for that d17?
    i'm curious as well. setup looks gnarly

On pump it was 360 whp and 280 tq, with c16 it was 489 whp and 360 tq.

Subscribed! Glad this has gotten bumped, as a semi-tuck is something I've been thinking about for a while now. Figure I'll be doing mine a piece at a time, just because I can't have everything apart and my DD out of commission for a week!

Already a lot of good general knowledge in here, can't wait to see what kind of EP-specific know-how we can get going!

Paging Guardian, Dr. Guardian to the tuck ward.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information