Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Ima get me a set in January and do the tsx retrofit. I hate broke season lol

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead228 View Post
    You should purchase them before christmas shopping. You can always retrofit later.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsle View Post
    Thanks for the awesome product!

Now I dont know if this is necessary, but I've been doing this forever long with my headlights. I put some sealant on the edges to ensure no leakage. Just something I do. I dont think it's necessary.

I also think its probably not necessary, but you definitely seem like me where you go over the top ahead of time so you don't gotta worry at all haha. What type of sealant did you use? And does anyone else got opinions on whether or not this really needs to be done? I'm getting mine friday and I want them to look good for a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by StimulisRK View Post
    I also think its probably not necessary, but you definitely seem like me where you go over the top ahead of time so you don't gotta worry at all haha. What type of sealant did you use? And does anyone else got opinions on whether or not this really needs to be done? I'm getting mine friday and I want them to look good for a long time!
    Yeah I wanted to stop anything from ever starting. I used a tub and sink sealant for the restroom. Figured if water cant get through my tub and sink, it wont get into my headlights. As far as necessity wise, I'd like to know other peoples opinions on it. See if anyone else does it.

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead228 View Post
    PM me if you end up with any questions, I'll try to help.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

great write up.

just two minor, general things.. you dont have to remove all 8 bumper clips that are on the top. as far as bumper clips, you really only need to remove the top 4 and the 4 on the bottom. also, you might want to wipe down all the bulbs before installing them. if there's any chance there oils/grease from your skin they can cause the bulbs to burn unevenly and possibly blow up/out.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Quote Originally Posted by usedep3 View Post
    great write up.

just two minor, general things.. you dont have to remove all 8 bumper clips that are on the top. as far as bumper clips, you really only need to remove the top 4 and the 4 on the bottom. also, you might want to wipe down all the bulbs before installing them. if there's any chance there oils/grease from your skin they can cause the bulbs to burn unevenly and possibly blow up/out.
    Thanks! I think I figured the 8 clips part out when I took off the bumper. I was like, "... these other 4 are for the grill!". But thanks for the input. Do you seal up your headlights before you install? We were talking about it earlier and wanted to know if other people do it or if we're just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsle View Post
    Thanks! I think I figured the 8 clips part out when I took off the bumper. I was like, "... these other 4 are for the grill!". But thanks for the input. Do you seal up your headlights before you install? We were talking about it earlier and wanted to know if other people do it or if we're just weird.
    It's definitely not a bad thing to do. Another future-proofing I've seen done is tossing in a silica gel pack or two into the back of the housing (out of view) to soak up moisture and prevent condensation forming.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S

Great DIY, I definitely seal it before put it on.

Quote Originally Posted by cvicep3 View Post
    Great DIY, I definitely seal it before put it on.
    I am guessing they are using he clear silicon sealant and not the white. I plan on ordering my depos in a few days and I'm thinking about sealing them as well.

After a year of owning a set without sealing them, I had no condensation. I don't want people to read this thread and think they're doing it wrong if they don't add more sealant to a brand new headlamp. This is sort of an obsessive compulsive, "before I go putting them on the car" thing to do.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S

Quote Originally Posted by Draw7Seven View Post
    It's definitely not a bad thing to do. Another future-proofing I've seen done is tossing in a silica gel pack or two into the back of the housing (out of view) to soak up moisture and prevent condensation forming.
    agreed. extra rtv sealant around the edge/perimeter can't hurt. as mentioned, i recommended adding silica packets. they actually help remove condensation
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

agreed. extra rtv sealant around the edge/perimeter can't hurt. as mentioned, i recommended adding silica packets. they actually help remove condensation
    Where can we go and obtain the packets?

you can find them in shoe boxes, packaging for clothing esp leather goods. when i bought a brand new oem ebrake from honda, it came with 2 huge silica packets. they are usually packed along with things where moisture is a concern.

where in dallas are you located? i have a few to spare
    Green Crew #7

you can find them in shoe boxes, packaging for clothing esp leather goods. when i bought a brand new oem ebrake from honda, it came with 2 huge silica packets. they are usually packed along with things where moisture is a concern.

where in dallas are you located? i have a few to spare
    Oh... so thats what those packets were for. You know I've always wondered what those "DO NOT EAT" packets were. Haha! I'm in Arlington, next to the Cowboys Stadium.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information