Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportCustomx View Post
    awesome thread!

a+

Just so people are aware, you can also take out your air box and fill it via the VSS sensor. i have done this many many many times.

thanks man.

good info!

Just did my tranny fluid change today. Easy as pie n filing it thru the fill hole is just easier explespecially with the fancy funnel. That really helped. Thanks for the post. Also really feel the difference. Real smooth.

I have to do this soon, I have 80 something thousand on mine. Mine still shifts smooth even without the change yet though.
    Anyone using an after market oil?

Quote Originally Posted by jjr007 View Post
    I have to do this soon, I have 80 something thousand on mine. Mine still shifts smooth even without the change yet though.
    Anyone using an after market oil?
    I have always used Lucas Tranny fluid additive in all my cars. Same with their oil additive.

I swear by their products. Seriously amazing stuff.

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    I put Pennzoil Syncromesh in the Jeep when I did my clutch job because I'd heard that it's just this heavenly liquid. I didn't expect to feel much difference. IT WAS AMAZING. I'm not sure if that amazing feeling only lasts for a couple hundred miles or if I just got used to how smooth it feels, but that effect wears off in your mind pretty quickly (like a week). Still, it's some good stuff to use.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

Quote Originally Posted by Draw7Seven View Post
    I put Pennzoil Syncromesh in the Jeep when I did my clutch job because I'd heard that it's just this heavenly liquid. I didn't expect to feel much difference. IT WAS AMAZING. I'm not sure if that amazing feeling only lasts for a couple hundred miles or if I just got used to how smooth it feels, but that effect wears off in your mind pretty quickly (like a week). Still, it's some good stuff to use.
    Same as the Lucas additive, that feeling is awesome. I have heard of Syncromesh before when I had my 8th gen civic, the guys on that forum were ALL about it. I am sure the two are fairly similar in chemical makeup.

Not sure if this was mentioned. Did not see it in the original post. But you want to make sure that the car is level. Or as level as it can be when you are filling in the new fluid. Otherwise you might have too much or too little in the tranny if the car is tilted.

normally when i fill, i lower the car on a jack and use the spare tire underneath the subframe/lower control arm as support to try and level the car out.

Quote Originally Posted by ImportCustomx View Post
    awesome thread!

a+

Just so people are aware, you can also take out your air box and fill it via the VSS sensor. i have done this many many many times.

you can also remove the reverse sensor and fill from there- you cant see it in the pic but its under the intake tube. its easier to get to IMO than the VSS.

yeah just did this. noticeable difference since my car had alot more miles on the fluid then 30k haha. shifting is like breaking glass now...smooth. haha

Pennzoil Syncromesh FTW! Cheap and shifts are like butter, I use it over Honda MTF now. :)

can u put atf in a manual tranny?

No!!! ATF stands for automatic transmission fluid. Don't put that in a manual transmission.

haha ya i know but ive heard some its good for some transmissions but didnt know about the ep3. but i just decided to play it safe and put some valvoline gear oil in. its smooth shiftin now

SSM EP3
    Why do ppl say its bad to change your transmission oil more than once!? i never got that one.. Need to do mine soon.. or at least check it bc idk if the previous owner changed it

Just changed mine today with Honda MTF. I can really tell a difference. Thanks for the write-up

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information