Close

Thread: Immobilizer

Immobilizer

Ok so this is probably a dumb question but I'm a little confused. I was reading the DIY for having the immobilizer re-keyed at the dealership and I was wondering is all of that done on the honda tool that the dealer has or does it involve using the Kpro at the same time? Like would I have to be using the Kpro program while the tech at the dealership or do they do everything? Also is there a way to disable the blinking light without going through all of that or is that the only way? Thanks guys

You have to drive to the dealer with the immobilizer disabled obviously, but then when you get there and your car is parked and ready for them to work on it you need to go into k-manager to reactive it, have them re-key it and then test it, its the only way.

Ok, I get it now. Do they usually bitch about doing it and that we shouldn't be doing things like this to our cars? I've come across this before

Quote Originally Posted by makavelibranded View Post
    You have to drive to the dealer with the immobilizer disabled obviously, but then when you get there and your car is parked and ready for them to work on it you need to go into k-manager to reactive it, have them re-key it and then test it, its the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper27 View Post
    Ok, I get it now. Do they usually bitch about doing it and that we shouldn't be doing things like this to our cars? I've come across this before
    Depends on the dealer. The one I went to was iffy at first because my insurance was paying for everything after the car had been stolen. The tech doing the reprogram was talking shit along the lines of "was it really worth all the money for upgraded computer and supercharger to get to the grocery store faster" etc. but as long as you're not under warranty you shouldn't have a problem. just my .02 cents

My warranty is long gone, just wonder now how much it'll cost me ha

I think its like $70 to do a re-key. Im sure prices vary from dealer to dealer tho...

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    I think its like $70 to do a re-key. Im sure prices vary from dealer to dealer tho...
    you got a deal well atleast 20 less then me they told me $90

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beechstreet View Post
    "was it really worth all the money for upgraded computer and supercharger to get to the grocery store faster" etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    I think its like $70 to do a re-key.
    "Is it worth 70 bucks to your business for you to shut the fuck up and re-key my car?"
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

Quote Originally Posted by Draw7Seven View Post
    "Is it worth 70 bucks to your business for you to shut the fuck up and re-key my car?"
    LOL I couldnt agree more. I KPro'd my EP ECU though so i didnt have to worry about that damn green key. At the time, there was a local KPro installer tho... so i was only without my ECU for like 6 hours.

if you already have kpro there is no point in re-keying the car. just turn immobilizer off DUH haha.

and to turn off that annoying ass flashing green light take off the steering column cover and theres 2 green plugs all you have to do is unplug one of them. i cant remember which one

Thread Information