Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation HELP!! Gain More Power in my EP3

Hi Guys. i am really trying to get some power with my K20A3 without swaping or nothing like that... what recommendations you have for me? or what do you recommend to get at least 200HP or more.. N/A at the moment.. maybe later i will upgrade it to Turbo.. who know... i will wait for your reply!! really need help want to kick some asses down here!!

Boost. Simple as that.

Turbo or supercharge it. Pick your poison, but I will say installing the JRSC is less of a headache compared to turbo. Turbo will net you more power on the top end spectrum.

If you wanna go N/A get a set of K20A2 cams, a set of K20A3 exhaust roller rockers (4) and Kpro (this should be a no-brainer) and you will have about 190-195 WHP on the A3 with a OEM VTEC Killer setup.

OR just start tearing almost all that is pointless weight from the car. Make everything carbon fiber. Get the car down to like 2000 lbs soaking wet, and I can assure you it will feel like you have 200 hp.

Honestly, I would not go VTEC killer if it is a daily driver; and if you already spend the money on kpro, then you might as well just dick around with that and purchase some used bolt ons until you have the cash to go s/c or turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by ep3k20 View Post
    OR just start tearing almost all that is pointless weight from the car. Make everything carbon fiber. Get the car down to like 2000 lbs soaking wet, and I can assure you it will feel like you have 200 hp.
    Yeah, good luck finding 750lbs worth of shit to take out or change out of there.

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gtolio View Post
    Yeah, good luck finding 750lbs worth of shit to take out or change out of there.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

Bolt ons and Kpro. That's all you can really do to the A3, but it's not gunna get you to the 200hp mark without doing anything crazy. A2 FTW!
    Last edited by jimmyjames; 03-29-2009 at 06:56 AM.

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    200whp is easily achievable NA with a K20a3. It's just nobody ever goes through it because it's more work than other mods like adding boost.

Kpro

ANY 3 lobe VTEC equipped K-series head
    -K24a2 head ($300-$500)
    -K20a2 head ($500-$800)
    -K20z1 head ($600-$800)
    -K20z3 head ($600-$800)

Add a z1 intake cam and a z3 exhaust cam for the best two liter OEM cam combo (or possibly the 06+ TSX intake cam).
    -Or add a set of 3 lobe K-series aftermarket cams (preferably IPS).

Add a decent RH (Kidd Racing/Private Label/Clubrsx, Buddy Club, SSR, Hytech, etc.), CAI (RSX Type S spec), 2.5" OD (or inner) exhaust, z1 crank pulley, and Maxbore or 70mm throttle body. You won't need larger than a 2.33" ID exhaust in all honesty (so just get a cheapy stainless steel ebay exhaust). There is a JRSC K20a2/K24a1 Frank from Illdiesel using a 2.33" ID exhaust putting out 310whp on Jeff Evans dyno.

Go to Jeff Evans or another decent tuner

You should be over 200whp with all of that. A dyno of 195whp with an a2 head swap (with the crappy a2 cams) and supporting mods was attained back in 2005. I'm positive another 5+ whp can be attained with all the new parts and better tuning these days.

Quote Originally Posted by MIGEEZY View Post
    Bolt ons and Kpro. That's all you can really do to the A3, but it's not gunna get you to the 200hp mark without doing anything crazy. A2 FTW!
    The right bolt-ons and kpro could get you close at sea-level.

Quote Originally Posted by MIGEEZY View Post
    As long as you have Kpro, a 3 lobe K-series head swap is incredibly simple. Hardest part is breaking loose the crank pulley.

Thanks a lot guys, i will get a new Head then like an A2 head or something like that easy to get down here. and my KPRO is coming soon too so will get a perfect tune with our local tuners we have good ones here so will see what i can get!

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    As long as you have Kpro, a 3 lobe K-series head swap is incredibly simple. Hardest part is breaking loose the crank pulley.
    Don't think he wants to do a head swap, but you did post up some good info for him to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    200whp is easily achievable NA with a K20a3. It's just nobody ever goes through it because it's more work than other mods like adding boost.

Kpro

ANY 3 lobe VTEC equipped K-series head
    -K24a2 head ($300-$500)
    -K20a2 head ($500-$800)
    -K20z1 head ($600-$800)
    -K20z3 head ($600-$800)

Add a z1 intake cam and a z3 exhaust cam for the best two liter OEM cam combo (or possibly the 06+ TSX intake cam).
    -Or add a set of 3 lobe K-series aftermarket cams (preferably IPS).

Add a decent RH (Kidd Racing/Private Label/Clubrsx, Buddy Club, SSR, Hytech, etc.), CAI (RSX Type S spec), 2.5" OD (or inner) exhaust, z1 crank pulley, and Maxbore or 70mm throttle body. You won't need larger than a 2.33" ID exhaust in all honesty (so just get a cheapy stainless steel ebay exhaust). There is a JRSC K20a2/K24a1 Frank from Illdiesel using a 2.33" ID exhaust putting out 310whp on Jeff Evans dyno.

Go to Jeff Evans or another decent tuner

You should be over 200whp with all of that. A dyno of 195whp with an a2 head swap (with the crappy a2 cams) and supporting mods was attained back in 2005. I'm positive another 5+ whp can be attained with all the new parts and better tuning these days.
    This
    Last edited by EUB44; 04-26-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dishiznit View Post
    Thanks a lot guys, i will get a new Head then like an A2 head or something like that easy to get down here. and my KPRO is coming soon too so will get a perfect tune with our local tuners we have good ones here so will see what i can get!
    Jeff Evans also offers online tuning now. He's probably one of the best tuners around for K-series and Hondas in general. Shoot him a email and see what his rates are like and if you'd be interested.

http://www.evans-tuning.com/tuning/etune/

Quote Originally Posted by EUB44 View Post
    This..
    Off topic, but whereabouts are you in PA? We really need to get a PA meet going!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information