Close

Speaker wiring harness help. Please.

Alright. I followed through with my plan. I have a Pioneer AVH-P2400BT head-unit on the way. I have already received my Pioneer speakers for the front door and rear panels. As I look at the front component speakers, I realize there is no external crossover. It simply has a highpass filter. Which is fine, but the connection to the woofer is a Y-piece with the connection to the tweeters and then the bare wires to connect to the stock wiring.

I also got speaker wire harnesses from Crutchfield.

What I am thinking I would like to do is to somehow pop the pins out of the stock plug and use the Pioneer wiring to connect directly to the pins in the plug rather than just splicing wires.

Does anyone have any idea how to pop the pins out of the plug if it is at all possible? Thanks in advance.

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Honestly with enough finagling you could probably get them out of the plastic using needlenose pliers and or a small flathead. What I would do, however, is go to a RadioShack or automotive store and by small "F" conenctors (for female), they look a lot like the red ones on the other end of your pigtail and you could simply crimp them onto the bare wire. Then you'd have a snug, removable connection to the pigtail plug without hacking anything up. At a cost of about 3-4 dollars for 2 dozen or so connectors. Hell if you want to go to Macon instead I'll give you some of them--I won't be using them any time soon.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

Pm me. I install car audio for a living.

Thread Information