Close

Thread: different kits?

different kits?

Was looking at getting the GReddy Kit from procivic.com.
    Anyone get it from there before? I can't figure out if they include piping or not and I really don't want to have to run around buying more parts if I'm about to drop 3100 bucks on the damn kit.
    Any suggestions to any other kit is appreciated too. I'm not dead set on gReddy just because it's so expensive but pay more save later right?????

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Lol for that much I'd get a used FullRace.

A lot of people get eBay turbo kits and slowly upgrade the pieces as money comes available/parts need replacing. Of course it takes a certain kind of person to prefer that method and I definitely understand the interest in making a lump sum purchase for a new, quality kit.

Do you already have KPro? Of course you'll want that in your budget no matter the kit. Don't say "nah bro i'm gonna use eManage."
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

Hahahaha No right now the car has the full K-pro not just a reflash and I've had it dyno'd to the current settings.
    I don't know how I feel about the Ebay turbos just because I'm worried it will mess things up internally. Is that a safe way to go as long as I don't try and boost it to much?
    Also I really want to go for the expensive and reliable route rather than the cheap and fast route.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Revhard kit

I know I read people getting the emusa kit and rebuilding the turbo with a Garrett rebuild kit and they basically have a Garrett turbo. Also they replace the bov with a tial. A decent kit for under $700. But that's just what I read.

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    Revhard kit
    second this ;)

but shop around a little more you can get a lot for 3100... used kits arent bad as long as the person took care of it because they usaully dont have them on their car for no more than 10k miles haha... economy has stuff to do with that or people spend to much to fast any who I am getting off subject, you can find used kits on clubrsx and k20a.org but those kits usaully need modding as they were probably on a different chassis.

Good luck with everything.

I might be willing to sell my full-race turbo kit. It has about 15,000 miles on it. It has been very well taken care of and it is a bigger turbo to start with. The good thing about buying used kits is that usually they come with stuff you can't get with a kit bought straight from full race. Example being a wastegate dump tube.

Here is what my kit would come with:

Everything off of full-race website +
    - Wastegate dumptube
    -Fast Turbo oil feed lines
    -Oil return lines and bungs
    - Cam positioning sensor that is needed to fit the kit
    - Plus a 1200 dollar exhaust made to fit the down pipe. T1R 70mm

All this for $4500

If you wanted all my fuel lines, injectors, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, and anything else fuel related I could sell that to you for another 800.

This my friend is a heck of a deal. Injectors are 1000cc Injector dynamics injectors. $450 alone.

I am throwing around the idea of parting out.

I made 441whp on a bone stock motor. K20a2

PM me if you are interested.

My 2 cents. Be prepared to drop on brakes and suspension and whatever else when you get a sick turbo kit like the one Stubby posted up there. When I boosted my ep3 I could tell that I was going to need a big brake kit and suspension asap. I had one of those old school cybernation kits haha.

Full race was king back then and i'm sure it's still up there now.

Thread Information