Close

partshawk.com troubles

So I admit I'm dumb, we have to get that out of the way first. I found the megan mid pipe for $170, from this sketchy looking website. They don't seem to be answering my calls, emails, or anything. I ordered the exhaust over a week ago now and like an idiot, didn't save the initial "thank you for your order" page that had the order # on it. I am used to getting an e-mail right off the bat confirming the purchase. Well, they haven't charged me yet, either.

I have all of next week off, and I was hoping to pull my entire exhaust from the cat to the tip, wire wheel and paint the cat and stock axle back and paint the new mid pipe. I really wanted to do this, but if they're not gonna talk to me, I'd like to cancel my order since if I don't do it next week, my next shot is going to be mid May or so. I know, I should have bought it from a vendor that supports this site. I bought my motor mount inserts and some other stuff from a good vendor, and already received that stuff. Got my o2's from amazon, the primary is currently like $97, which is a steal compared to what, $385?

I guess this is just a long winded post of saying, has anybody dealt with this company before? Am I going to receive some mangled, dented, rusted piping from an antique Fiat if they actually put the order through? If I do cancel the order, where should I purchase parts in the future?
    Last edited by gribly; 03-27-2013 at 07:31 AM.

Did you order with a credit card? You should be able to cancel with them right away.

PS. Please use a few line breaks lol

Re: partshawk.com troubles

Doesn't look like too sketchy of a site to me..?

Aight, guy got ahold of me. Was my fault, entered a date wrong... They have weird business hours, I like to do everything in the morning.

It's here. No worries. Unbelievable their price is so much less than everyone else, I guess I was just suspicious of them, but that's just who I am.

Since it worked out & you're satisfied, I feel everyone should make a Mike Hawk joke. ("Parts Hawk" made me think "Mike Hawk.)
    Last edited by BaLisTek; 04-28-2009 at 08:34 PM.

Got it installed this afternoon, took me two hours because I was having trouble with the upper stud on the cat where it bolts to the midpipe. There wasn't bolts, but seemed like aluminum was melted right to the stud, and I only had the car backed up on some ramps to get under it, and my 6'1" frame doesn't work so well in tight places. Anyways, sounds great with everything else stock, not as ricey as I was figuring on. Factory header, cat, and axleback muffler. It definitely gave a slight bit more power, my poor stock size dunlops, lol. I still didn't get my ES motor mount inserts in, but I'm done working for the day, rain.

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Glad this worked out
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

I emailed these guys for a quote on the megan midpipe since you mentioned they had a good price (and also since it *did* get delivered). Interestingly they said that they're sent directly from Megan themselves, so I'll see what the damage is up to Canuckistan when they get back to me tomorrow. Did it come with everything you needed?

Well, I had to find nuts to fit the studs on the cat and buy a gasket from Napa.

Thread Information