Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: final goodbye:(

final goodbye:(

since December 31, 2002 i was a proud owner of a new 2003 VBP EP. From just bolt ons to complete Greddy turbo and full JDM conversion and a few part outs and a different route it was time to say goodbye. Parted out the EP and traded it in November a few months before our 10 year anniversary i picked up a 2013 Mazda 3 hatch.. nothing special. not the speed 3.. just a decent nice leather navi daily driver.. even got a automatic.. sad face. i loved every socal meet from the Showstoppers meets to the SD crown point meets.. every DIY and all the killer deals in the classifieds. from the Qualcomm track to the Fontana 1/4 drags with all the OC and SD guys was a blast. every install day was a great learning experience. even pushed me to be a Acura trained technician. the socal crew is legit! i troll the forum every now and then. its definitely changed a lot since the early 2000s.. keep up the EP game and know that ill be a hatcher for life! i really miss the good days i had with the EP. not so much the bad ones... a new chapter in my life as i start a family and become a "man." still a little blurry on that statement but its a goal! ahah

best of luck guys and lots of love from an OG

Brent

Gl man... We all will get to that point, I've had my ep3 since 05 and still doing work and my fear is that all one day will end, and then what...

well good luck, my ep seems to handle my family with my 3 month old just fine.

yea i had a crazy noise from my trans.. tore it apart and replaced all the bearings..ended up having a main shaft out of spec causing the noise from the bearing.. being a tech and having a lift and parts at cost it still was a better move for me to get a new car rather then throw money at a civic with 170K on it.. sad but true

Re: final goodbye:(

Never lose the kid within yourself.

Your new car sounds very comfortable.

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cow View Post
    Your new car sounds very comfortable.
    qft i'd drive the shit out of that, nice pickup dude
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

just a few mistakes i made with the EP.. NEVER get the energy suspension control arm bushings or anything other the the OEM Honda ball joints.. i know you have to get the whole knuckle but its worth it. i cursed Satan every time i had to pull my front suspension apart.. rides a little better then stock but if you work on your own car then dont even bother.. EP LOVE
    Last edited by Passenger; 04-28-2009 at 10:53 AM.

I have a press at my house so having the bushings isn't a problem, as for the new ride, I feel it will fit your family very well. Good luck on your journey into fatherhood and other hobbies you may come across as the years go by. Certainly sad to have an OG with the knowledge you do go.

Quote Originally Posted by civicSIracer View Post
    just a few mistakes i made with the EP.. NEVER get the energy suspension control arm bushings or anything other the the OEM Honda ball joints.. i know you have to get the whole knuckle but its worth it. i cursed Satan every time i had to pull my front suspension apart.. rides a little better then stock but if you work on your own car then dont even bother.. EP LOVE
    Pulling apart the suspension every year or two to re-grease the energy suspension bushings is part of the deal if you want to "tighten" up the handling. If I had known that was going to be the case I probably wouldn't have installed them, but by the time they get noisy I seem to be pulling the suspension apart on the car for one thing or another anyway. What issues did you have with aftermarket ball joints? I replaced one of mine with with one from pep boys in 2009 and have probably put about 40k on the car since then.

man what an og. crazy how i'm almost coming up on the 10 years with mine too. Figured I would have totaled it or got it stolen or something by now. here i am catching the wave 8 years later trying to piece together my jdm body pieces and a k24 turbo and some insane suspension that i'm not even sure i need. I can't imagine letting go of the ep, there is just no reason for myself to let go of it. I'd for sure end up dumping money into another dumbass project. plus it has sentimental value to me.

glad you're moving on with life, maybe you'll pull a weltall and come back after the kid has gotten a lil bit older

May wind Oct. rain
    Hiya!!!

Yea, you can still come by and say hello once in a while and throw in your 2 cents to all the newbies that pick up say, your 03 si that you traded. Share some more of that Acura knowledge with us as you learn more and more. It had def been a pleasure though surfing through this site and reading most of the info you put forth. Good luck with the family life brotha! Have an excellent one

Quote Originally Posted by civicSIracer View Post
    not trying to get off topic here but that is the worst EP advice I have ever heard in my life.

you literally just said to not replace THE TWO SINGLE WORST PARTS OF THE SUSPENSION

I have had buddy club ball joints for over 2.5 years and I just had my whole front end apart and they are still like new. buddy club also honors their waranty, they have sent me new boots already once.

I have had the control arm bushings, all of them, for way longer, and they hold up awesome, and I just had them apart a few weeks ago.

and its not just that, our roads in phoenix are horrible and its hot as hell here so its not easy on parts, why are mine lasting so long and why have they made such a dramatic improvement in the handling if they are the parts you shouldnt replace.

also, have you ever installed stock compliance bushings? id rather be shot in the head than put those bastards in, your nuts.

read mustclimes posts, the compliance bushings are your ENEMY, not your friend, and if you lower your EP on stock ball joints GOOD LUCK, it will handle like garbage.

I was with you until you referenced mustclime, the Bill OReilly of suspension tuning (just yell more loudly & drown out everyone else & eventually people believe you).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information