Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rd02SiR View Post
    well a blank rotor has more surface area, period. More surface are = greater stopping power.
    while your intentions are good, and reasons for going with blank rotors more or less correct... the statement above is not.

Friction is not subject to surface area. Pressure, yes. coefficient of friction of the two materials in contact, yes. Surface area no. The reason being is that as surface area increases pressure per square mm decreases, offsetting the increase in surface area.

Quote Originally Posted by Draw7Seven View Post
    This. And don't go 130 on the highway. And if you can afford to, try to do more engine braking at those speeds than wheel braking.
    Uh oh..I went 150+ earlier last year with the A3 when I had the Greddy kit...needed to show that E46 M3 that the EP3 can hang with it lol...

Please don't spank me daddy...

Agreed on the engine braking, TAKES FOREVER TO GO FROM 150 DOWN TO 100 X_X

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    It's one thing if you kill yourself, but it's arguably worse to live with knowing that you killed somebody else's loved one who wasn't even doing anything wrong. Anyways that's an entirely different topic and I'm not going to change any of your minds.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

Quote Originally Posted by dble0 View Post
    This was honestly the first time I have ever broken 110 for more than a couple seconds, in five years that I have had her. I don't intend on doing it very often at all(if ever again really). The experience just got me thinking. If I could improve my brakes for a reasonable price then why not, what would it hurt? By the way I kind of like the idea of the new calipers for that price but the rotors thread is like a year old. Time to bust out the guns, or fingers in this case, and do some hunting. Thanks for the info guys, any more is greatly appreciated. Oh, what is the best way to paint calipers(the ones for sale look rough)?
    The thread is a year old but he just bumped it like 2 days ago so he just updated it bro

Yea thats what i use but the sliver one. When you get it, take everything apart and get a metal pipe cleaner brush and clean out the rods with pb blast, dry and clean, relube them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zzyzx View Post
    while your intentions are good, and reasons for going with blank rotors more or less correct... the statement above is not.

Friction is not subject to surface area. Pressure, yes. coefficient of friction of the two materials in contact, yes. Surface area no. The reason being is that as surface area increases pressure per square mm decreases, offsetting the increase in surface area.
    This post just gave me a headache for no reason LOL jk this man kno his stuff. had to reread it a couple of times to get it..

Quote Originally Posted by Draw7Seven View Post
    It's one thing if you kill yourself, but it's arguably worse to live with knowing that you killed somebody else's loved one who wasn't even doing anything wrong. Anyways that's an entirely different topic and I'm not going to change any of your minds.
    I feel you on this one homey..

I have to agree with almost every one in this thread. Upgrades are sweet and if your going to add more power you should always add more stopping power.

But there's no need to do that on the street. If you want to go that fast bring it to a track around you.

I mean no disrespect or anything. I just hate to see people die for the wrong decisions.

Like I said first time, and probably one of the only times, I have ever done over a buck for more then a second or two. I tend to keep it below 90 99.999% of the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information