Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

k20a3 Mods/Rbc/kpro etc

Okay i need everyone's opinion, i know most people will say just "do a swap" but i'll explain my goal
    Current: Stock K20A3
    I would like to turbo my ep3 but try and keep the stock engine, im still undecided about doing a swap or not yet...and the stock motor is still very much alive and healthy so i would like to extract as much of it's life left as i can as carefully as i can while obtaining more power.

Question: If I add a new RBC, intake, headers, exhaust, etc and kpro it would i be able to hit 200 on the dyno? Also would it be possible to throw a rsx type s head on my stock k20a3 and would it help?
    If i do decide to turbo my stock k20a3, which internals would i have have to upgrade or should i upgrade, probably im guessing...values, pistons and?

thank you much

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    You can get to 300 on a turbo kit and KPro with I/H/E, do some poking around on build threads in the turbo section. With I/H/E and KPro but no forced induction I'm not sure you'll get 200 to the wheels, probably pretty close. You could probably do cams to get 200 but if a swap is even an option in the future I wouldn't bother with internals on the A3 until you're positive that you're going to be that guy who stays with that engine. I'd say get I/H/E and KPro and a good tune. When that gets boring, turbo it and just wait for the internals to fail as you drive the piss out of it around 275-300 whp. Keep the turbo kit and throw in a K24 when the A3 dies.
    Last edited by 27rocks; 10-11-2009 at 10:28 PM.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Draw7Seven View Post
    You can get to 300 on a turbo kit and KPro with I/H/E, do some poking around on build threads in the turbo section. With I/H/E and KPro but no forced induction I'm not sure you'll get 200 to the wheels, probably pretty close. You could probably do cams to get 200 but if a swap is even an option in the future I wouldn't bother with internals on the A3 until you're positive that you're going to be that guy who stays with that engine. I'd say get I/H/E and KPro and a good tune. When that gets boring, turbo it and just wait for the internals to fail as you drive the piss out of it around 275-300 whp. Keep the turbo kit and throw in a K24 when the A3 dies.
    He can't run an intake nor header on a turbo setup. So if he went n/a and then decided turbo later on both purchases wouldve been a waste of money. I would do a simple emusa kit, run a safe 7-9 psi make 260whp and call it a day. K series are great engines and that goes for the a3 too its just the weakest of the bunch. There's a lot of modded a3 making good power and going strong. They just have their limits. For your goals keep Ur a3

Okay if i do the emusa kit should i reinforce anything? Or change anything to compliment the turbo? Pistons, rbc? Anything?

Would it be a good idea if i for instance work on the head and then throw a turbo on there? Obviously with kpro etc

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by obsoletearturo View Post
    Okay if i do the emusa kit should i reinforce anything? Or change anything to compliment the turbo? Pistons, rbc? Anything?
    No need. Turbo kit, nice injectors, 2.5 exhaust , kpro, bov and a wastegate. From what I read thr emusa bov and wastegate are cheap knock offs.

Well i could always upgrade the bov and wastegate right? Lol or upgrate whichever other parts? Im thinking 630 injectors or the Siemens 55lb, and a walbro pump

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    He can't run an intake nor header on a turbo setup. So if he went n/a and then decided turbo later on both purchases wouldve been a waste of money. I would do a simple emusa kit, run a safe 7-9 psi make 260whp and call it a day. K series are great engines and that goes for the a3 too its just the weakest of the bunch. There's a lot of modded a3 making good power and going strong. They just have their limits. For your goals keep Ur a3
    I knew something about my logic was flawed but I couldn't remember what, lol. Thanks.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

Don't expect any gains with that RBC maifold on that stock a3 long block if you're going to be N/A for awhile.

Well after checking out the emusa kit, i think ill go with it, but i'd like to know what i should add to it to compliment it

Rbc with emusa kit should be fine though right?

Quote Originally Posted by obsoletearturo View Post
    Rbc with emusa kit should be fine though right?
    RBC loves boost. AKEP has a EMUSA thread under the Turbo section.

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    yup.. or the boost thread.. i made close to 300whp with my setup with siemens 55lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust and about 10psi.

okay i keep contradicting myself because im not sure yet if i wanna go turbo or supercharger so in the meantime i think if i do race headers, rbc, kpro, 2.5 mid pipe and a nice cat back, and the jdm password carbon fiber intake i think it should make some good gains....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information