Close

Angry Wear and Tear on my drivers' seat....

I only have 6200 miles on my EP and Iam already noticing some wear and tear on my drivers' seat. IM alittle disappointed at Honda for this. I take very good care of my car and do nothing else but get in and out of my car just like anyone else. The wear is not bad yet but obviously its going to get worse. Its only on the bottom of the seat where my butt goes :o so Im considering getting a small black towel or something to sit on but im still disappointed in this. I know that seat covers would look retarded on these seats so Im sorta at a loss. Anyone have ideas? Do you think the dealer would help in anyway? In thinking not. :'(

Talk to your dealer about it. Your seat covers shouldnt be wearing out like that. Are you able to post a picture?

yeah post a pic. My seats are fine, no butt wear or seat belt wear. I have 8k miles

man i have really bad seat belt wear too.

sucks to hear that man. i have like 25k and my seats still looks new. ok i am just bragging now.:)

opens the taps
    Is it wearing on suede stuff or on the grey mesh stuff?

my seat belt was wearing away the red stitching on the seat right where they meet.....so i adjusted the seatbelt height to *Michael Jordan* setting.... no more rubbing since.

hope youre able to fix the problem

Unhappy

sorry to hear about your seats. from an upholsters stand point, your always going to get wear on your seats, especially suede. i have not encountered any problem with my seats yet and if i do, im running straight to the dealer for new covers!! you just have to make sure you "get in" and not "slide in". very important advice if i may so, youll thank me in the long run.

my 01 civic lx was doing the same thing & they (dealer) replaced it no questions asked.

ephatch member
    3500 miles still looks new and even smell new..hehe:D

well, the wear is all on the black/grey mesh that you sit on. The black threads are starting to fray and slowly break apart. I mean, its not that bad yet but its there and its obviously not going to get better. I do have my 2nd oil change plus tire rotation comming up as soon as I get the chance so Ill ask the dealer about it then, keep you posted.

i'm pretty sure the seat covers that we have can be replaced. I know that you can remove them. I bet replacement covers will cost a pretty penny though.

Thread Information