Close

Thread: Switched & 12V

Still Around...

Question Switched & 12V

Can somebody point me in the easiest direction to splice into a switched and constant power supply in the cabin?

The easiest way is to take the plastic covers off of the fuse panel, and find a constant and switched inside the fuse panel using a test light thing like this, which you can get at radio shack.

Still Around...
    I was looking into tapping into the wires on the hazard switch. They seem like the easiest way to get some leads. I was just wondering if anybody knew which was which without a test light.

Just curious, why do you need these wires?

I don't think you can tap into the hazards

The hazard works regardless if the engine is running or not or the key in the ON position.

If you are not looking to run maybe a foot more of wires, I say tap into the lower ACC (where the cigarette lighter is suppose to go). Otherwise, wrap your wires around a fuse in the fuse box or get one of those 1->2 fuse splitter thingy. I am using the rear wiper (IIRC) fuse location to power my V1 radar detector.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    I would definately look into getting an "Add a fuse" like hamproof mentioned. You can get them at any Autozone or automotive chain store for ~ $5 (Mkae sure you get the one with the smaller type fuses for imports). Basically, you pull out a fuse and put it in. Your regular line is fused along with a new fused power supply. If you want it switched (ignition wise), put it in line with a switched fuse source (AC, Heater controls, etc). If you want constant power use a constant source (headlights, taillights, etc). It's very easy and you don't have to worry about splicing into your factory wiring. Good luck!!
    Mel

Thread Information