Close

c0mf0rt

Question Hondata Owners........ Please Help !!!!!!

I'd like to hear from a few people who have the Hondata flashed ECU.... especially people with I/H/E and I REALLY like to know if it's worth the $600 price tag...... Please give me your most honest answer.......

Thanks guys
    Last edited by c0mf0rt; 04-06-2003 at 12:53 PM.

yes.. its worth it.. i dunno if i count b/c of the A2, but i would buy it even if i had the A3

ephatch member
    600$ is a perfect price. I/H/E/Hondata....feels so sweet.!I just put my ecu back in a few day's ago, you can feel the difference even if you just take it to 7000rpm. And once you feel the power raising you start smiling because you know you have an extra grand to go....If you have the money get it..seriously..no question...:p :p ;)

Better throttle response, higher rev limit, increased power, better gas mileage, and the sound of the engine going past 6800.... :D

Just.... beautiful...

ephatch member
    Oh yea!!!

car-less for now.... 2k2_nbp_egg's Avatar
    Your mileage is up? I woulda thought w/ advanced timing and remapped fuel/air ratios that you would be getting worse mileage. Other hondata owners? My only concerns are the mileage, not being able to pass emissions, and blowing my shit one day when im pushing my car hard.

ephatch member
    can someone PLEASE friggin dyno their I/H/E/Hondata comboed car and list their parts and stuff? I'm *really* curious what kinda whp and torque this yields!

I know with I/H/E 150ish whp is attained(which I think is a pretty solid gain vs stock) but is almost 160 attained with Hondata? Because for the price of all that equipment one could probably get a serious nitrous setup and be pushing 200whp and that's a conservative number(which would probably be me since I really don't care to blow my engine...)

On the other hand that would totally wreck any semblence of a warranty...of course Hondata technically wrecks the warranty anyway.

although timing is advanced..blah blah blah..the mileage is supposed to stay the same if not get better because with the extra power you'll be able to cruise in 5th easier..or in 6th for me..hehe..the average mpg w/ hondata on the k20a2 is 30mpg on the freeway..w/ some getting as high as 34...

ephatch member
    Just get Hondata.......just try it ....send it off and you will get it back in 2 days.....when you put it back in and dont love hitting 8000rpm take it back and get the nitrous...simple as that....But that wont happen, you wont be abel to take it out...hahaha....it's a beautiful thing!!...:D :D

ephatch member
    did hondata like tuned the ecu to respond to i /h/ e with gains? last time i heard was like you wont gain any HP with i/e/h. so has it changed so it has gains now?

my engine is stock and my only mod is hondata. i let people with just a cai drive it and they noticed its a definite gain. ask Chuck from Show Stoppers he took my car for a spin on saturday. =-)

Thread Information