Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    joshua

Talking Dyno On All Top Intake Companies

AEM IS THE BEST INTAKE ON THE MARKET IN THE NEW IMPORT TUNER MAGAZINE THEY DYNOED INJEN, AEM, K&N, DC AND THE BEST HORSEPOWER GAIN WAS FROM THE AEM CAI IT GAVE THE RSX A 20.7 HORSEPOWER AND 5.7 POUNDS OF TOURQUE. Second best was the dc sports cai it gave 19.7 horsepower and 5.8 pounds of tourque k&n and injen low gains at like 5-9 horsepower and like 1-3 pounds of tourque so again aem is still on top. aem and dc did there homework

c0mf0rt
    Let's see a link there Cha-chi

joshua

Talking

I DONT HAVE A LINK JUST BUY THE NEW IMPORT TUNER MAGAZINE OR MAYBE THERE WEBSITE I WILL TRY TO FIND IT BUT YOU SHOULD BUY THE MAG ITS GOOD

Or you can also look at this article I posted

c0mf0rt
    I'm kinda screwed man... I'm overseas right now in the desert.... if 'ya know what I mean..... no way to get ahold of it..... the differences between those intakes sounds a little toooo drastic though....

joshua

Talking

THAT SUCKS BUT JUST TO LET YOU KNOW AEM CAI IS THE BEST INTAKE FOR OUR CAR AND THEN THE DC SPORTS CAI WHICH ALMOST DYNOED THE SAME
    AEM CAI 20.7HP 5.7 TORQUE
    DC SPORTS CAI 19.7HP 5.6 TORQUE
    K&N TYPHOON, INJEN SRI, AEM SRI, 5-9HP 1-3 TOURQUE
    LOOKS LIKE CAI IS THE WAY TO GO FOR THE MOST POWER BUT EVERY SYSTEM IS GOOD THEY ALL GIVE U NUMBERS

well good for me, i have an AEM CAI. i'd really like to see how good the injen race division would do though.

Joshua stop yelling , Thats great They did a shoot out on intakes. Did they say what Aem CAI it was, was it the version 2?

joshua

Talking

Yeah it is the regular aem cai sorry about the yelling hahahaha i dont even think they make a v2 for our car it would be a tight squeeze

i saw the same #'s butthose numbers are for a rsx-s. are you sure there aren't for the s?

c0mf0rt
    Hey I had a problem with hydro locking my '95 civic... because of a cold air... what exactly do you guys do to make sure something like that doesn't happen?????

i'm not doing anything. i live in cali and it hardly ever pours. if i saw a deep puddle i'd just go around it.

i dont think an AEM CAI would give the EP a 20.7 hp gain. AEM's own website states a gain of like 5 hp an 3 TQ.

Originally posted by tsa1
    i dont think an AEM CAI would give the EP a 20.7 hp gain. AEM's own website states a gain of like 5 hp an 3 TQ.
    I agree..
    20HP..thats a bit much.
    Lets be real here folks...its not a turbo ..it's an intake. A pipe and a filter. You really can't get to crazy searching for the "best gains" because after a while even those best gains seem stock when you have the intake in for a couple months.
    I for one would put the Injen Short ram from the RSX in my Si.
    It fits the heat shield and i have less worry about hydrolocking the engine. I will give up 3-4 Hp to have peice of mind.
    for 150-200 bucks you cant really get to fanatical about HP gains.
    The way i see it...It is our god given duty and right to rip out the stoick intake and install our aftermarkets intakes.
    I mean it's as natural as puberty;)

that magazine and that intake test..I dunno..clubrsx did a test w/ AEM CAI vs Injen SRI vs AEM SRI....Injen came up on top by 1 hp compared to the AEM CAI and the AEM SRI came in dead last due to its lack of a heatshield...I dont believe the magazine, rumor has it that DC or AEM (dont remember who) sponsors Import Tuner which could account for the higher numbers w/ their intakes...I myself have a Injen SRI w/ heatshield and its an excellent intake, the gains are VERY noticible..I say around the 15hp range and its been disputed on clubrsx over and over...the SRI (w/ heatshield) is just as good as the CAI however the SRI even with the heatshield will suffer in the summer making it not as efficient as the CAI...(there is one note..on they injen vs aem cai dyno..the cai had more consistent gains whereas the injen went all over..+ -)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information