Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K20a2

Alittle faster now
    Flashing the immobilizer is less than $100.

01-1004R
    Originally posted by SiMecoming
    ok is that tranny, ecu, engine, everything needed for swap????? cause im dobting 3.5k man if they did well ill be going there and getting it then. I need k20a2 swaps for 5k for everything but that was on ebay
    SiMecoming check out passwordjdm.com they sell the k20a dc5-r swap for ony 4900 complete motor tranny ecu etc etc and I have seen several type s swaps for 2900- 3800

stock engine

just curious, what's a stock engine/trans/ecu worth. Gotta remember you can unload it to offset the cost, which makes it desireable over forced induction (to me).

SKIDTRON '02
    if i'm not mistaken they got the engine/tranny/ecu for aprox 3.5k or so.
    Yep, you're mistaken. Mine was $2800 and PoRT paid $3k. I sold my P.O.S. A3 for $3500 :D

Alittle faster now
    It's only worth what the other person is willing to pay. Heck a few weeks ago, I could only find $4000 the cheapest for an A2. It's how bad a person needs/wants to sell it for. Modern-Perf and Port just happen to find right person at the right time, not all are that lucky, like me.:(
    Anyways, some people will pay and some will be really cheap. LUCK and TIMING is key!;) But that isn't my strong point, so when I want something. I get it, no second thoughts.:D

ephatch member
    Originally posted by modern-perf

Yep, you're mistaken. Mine was $2800 and PoRT paid $3k. I sold my P.O.S. A3 for $3500 :D
    now i remember you actually MADE money on your swap :) ;)

ephatch member
    Who did you guys go to a company or a private seller. Cause www.jdmhondaparts.com wants $6500 for a jdm k20a-r swap but i can get it for 5750 only this monthbut i talked to Wilson. But i talk to Derek like u said Port and see what he can do for me.

ephatch member
    Hey all ? basically for port and mr. perf. im getting the dc5-r (k20a) and i wanna build it up b4 i install it. new pistons and connecting rods, port and polish, camshaft, cam gears and other stuff.... Je has pistons for the k20a2 woudl these pistons work with the K20A-r
    here are the specs i cant cut and past it sorry guys Adobe file.
    Bore: 86.00mm/3.388in
    Over size: STD
    Stroke: 3.386
    Rod LengthL: 5.472
    Comp Height: 1.176
    Head CC: 50.7
    Comp Ratio: 9.0:1(accepts turbo and nos) or 10.6:1 (N/a's)
    Dome Volume: -4.6(turbo/nos) or -5.8(n/a)
    Gram weight: 309 (turbo/nos) or 304(n/a)
    So guys would this turbo piston work for me ona k20a-r i plan on getting a turbo extremely soon! Also who else makes things for this K20a-r motor so i can build it up an im new to teh engineperformance mods scene. Been a hard core body modder with my last car. So what other thigns besdies what i listed allow me to make much more power.
    Thanks for the help Guys!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information