Close

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    DanSI
    ok i just opened the thread can someone fill me in on whats going on!

there was a group buy but its closed now as of the 30th on an mbrp exhaust full cat back 299 great deal

ok i just opened the thread can someone fill me in on whats going on!
    Can you read?!

DanSI
    oh darn

DrPimpSiR
    Originally posted by 2k2civicSi

drpimp does it look like the tip clears the bumper far enuf not to melt it from the heat i had the problom from a greddy evo on my teg but i didnt use the greddy hangers
    Yah, there's about 3/4" between the two using the stock hangers.
    It should be an easy install for DIY. Just make sure you use ramps or Jackstands when under the car- Safety first. It's only three bolts at the Cat and two to separate the mid from the muffler. I'd say all done in 45 mins, max. When you do put it on, leave all bolts finger tight until it's all ligned up have someone hold the tip in the right spot, ensure the bend is clear of the sway bar and tighten all bolts/clamps.
    Too easy!!

when you say stock hangers are you talking about the ones that come on them mbrp or the ones on the stock pipe

DrPimpSiR
    Originally posted by 2k2civicSi
    when you say stock hangers are you talking about the ones that come on them mbrp or the ones on the stock pipe
    I mean the rubber ones that hang from the floor panels.

oooooo ok i see
    thanks for the info

Originally posted by 66elwood99
    I was out of town and missed the deadline. I'm going to call on Monday (holiday) or Tuesday and see if I can still get the same deal. I'll let you all know if it still is available!
    Got it, :D I called Tuesday morning and related to the very nice women there that I was working a 12 hour shift on Friday and missed the deadline. She said no problem and I got the group buy price! She said that they will be shipped next week. Now must be patient

ephatch member

The waiting is the hardest part...

Can't wait for this thing to arrive! I just got under the car this weekend to do an oil change and looked at the exhaust, can't wait to put the new one on. That mid pipe is so narrow.

well guys looks you guys got "r&d" models just got an email from Martin at MRP that said there still working on the issues with the exhaust and haven't completing the fitment or sound issues. email read as is. Seams you guys should of waited like i advised

Sorry for the delay.

We are working on the final fit and sound issues on the 2002 SiR right now, we are trying to have this project finished today before the day's end.I will have db #'s for you as well as any added info for the first of next week.The single can does point down slightly yet not as it looks on the forum photo's
    Give me a call toll free at 1-888-636-7223 and I can give you all the details.

Thanks

Martin Barkey
    MBRPinc
    1-888-636-7223
    www.mbrp.com

DrPimpSiR
    Originally posted by sammysir
    well guys looks you guys got "r&d" models just got an email from Martin at MRP that said there still working on the issues with the exhaust and haven't completing the fitment or sound issues. email read as is. Seams you guys should of waited like i advised
    Dude,
    I getting tired of people slagging this system, and people who claim to have better taste than other's slagging shit in general!
    I am the only one to get an R&D system. My car was used as the prototype, and the fittment issues, blah blah, were being conducted on my car. I've got a completed system. Anyone who ordered already is getting a completed system. Not for R&D. There is still a full 5 year warranty etc.
    Like I said before - if you don't want one, don't fucking get one.
    Sammysir go out and buy whatever you want be it comptech, DC or Ractive. It doesnt matter to me, I got my whole system with warranty for less than the cost of a custom bend, and less than half of a Thermal.

Talking

well thats great for you. :D I can comment on anything I want and I believe it's my responsibility as a member of this forum and a respectable owner of a new 02 SiR that these cars deserve the best quality products around. Just as i would voice my concerns about any product for the car. To me the money issue you talk means absolutely nothing could care less if its half or double. I get mostly anything I want for my vehicles for 5% above cost. And what happens when a new cars comes out with new products people are impatient and want whatever is there. Personally I have nothing bad to say about the MBRP system. since i have not seen nor heard anything about it which is my whole reason im skeptical. Just like i would't by a turbo kit for my car if i didn't have any specs on it. I might still consider this sytem but i would rather wait and spend more money and find out how "quality" it is. From the pics the fitment of the single tip looks like a Del Monte can facing the ground. I don't want a ricey looking angled race can. the dual tip would be much better as straight cut tip instead of the trumpets. But until I see dyno, and some addressing on the noise (ill call it farting) issue im keeping it to the OE setup. My 2 cents and noone has to like it.

Cheers

well guys looks you guys got "r&d" models
    We are working on the final fit and sound issues on the 2002 SiR right now, we are trying to have this project finished today before the day's end
    Well we've all been told that they'd be shipped later this week. So I don't think we're getting "r&d" models, considering they'll have any issues cleared by the end of today.

ephatch member
    Some Questions:
    Anyone know how MBRP is shipping the exhausts?
    Are tracking numbers available so we can keep up with the status of our shipment?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information