Thread: ep vs. spec-v

Originally posted by 02SiHB

NEWSFLASH: 15 seconds is NOT fast!
    shhhhhh! don't tell them that! :D

car-less for now.... 2k2_nbp_egg's Avatar
    Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

shhhhhh! don't tell them that! :D
    Hehe 15 seconds is fast in our minds :)

and that high 15 second Vagina in SA must have had a newbie driver, because even I did better than that in my friend's spec V, and that was my first time down the strip ever.

and
    Fairly equal cost for fairly equal price...
    huh?

Well if it means anything, I picked up my car for a little south of the 19k sticker, and my friend paid 21k for his FULLY loaded vagina. But then again, we both got our cars when they pretty much came out so...

But I have to. I mean.. Back in oh say 97 when I was getting into cars... Kicked around my friends garage... Slowly leaning and seeing what it was all about... His '79 vette turned a 13.5 and everyone was raggin' on him about how shitty his times were..... 6 Years later... its like "HOLY SHIT YOU HIT 14's!!! YOU'RE THE MAN!!! OMG DUDE YOU NEED TO BE THE RIDE OF THE MONTH"

Where have the standards gone? :(

NEWSFLASH: 15 seconds is NOT fast!

I believe he was reffering to, pretty fast in comparison to the Si...

Its faster than what my friends at school run...

But I have to. I mean.. Back in oh say 97 when I was getting into cars... Kicked around my friends garage... Slowly leaning and seeing what it was all about... His '79 vette turned a 13.5 and everyone was raggin' on him about how shitty his times were..... 6 Years later... its like "HOLY SHIT YOU HIT 14's!!! YOU'RE THE MAN!!! OMG DUDE YOU NEED TO BE THE RIDE OF THE MONTH"

Where have the standards gone? :(
    different times, my friend. There were no cats, no emission standards, no fuel efficiency penalties (gas guzzler tax), few if any noise statutes... now cars are getting in the 14s and 13s stock AND getting 30mpg on the highway AND passing emissions tests. If you took half the crap off your EP that's only there for "cleaner air" you'd cut more than 0.5 off your 1/4 time (I'm guessing, but I'm probably not far off).

I'd like to see that '79 vette on an emissions machine

Banned
    Originally posted by potator
    Those Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-Vaginas are pretty fast. If I remember correctly their redline is at 6800.
    6175 Fuel Shutoff

15 sec 1/4 miles are quick relative to what we have. Spec V is still just a sentra and our si's are still just civics. I'm sure the spec v kills the GXE models and our si's beat the EX's. Look at it this way.....

Going to the track is fun....we just have fun for a longer time than others. lol :D

vaginas are much better than a penis but ne ways...my friend has the vagina car...(i agree) it has a lot more torque than we do BUT IT always depends on the driver and their shifting, which for my friend can not always be great bwhahhahha

...argh...it can be so ugly sometimes...:p

Spec V's are quick. THe fastest time for a stock spec V was 14.8s

I forgot what he trapped but I'll look into it later.

Stock for stock the Spec would beat the Si.A few mods here and there and its a drivers race. I raced my friend with an Si when we both had the same mods (CAI and springs) and I won everytime, even when I had 3 people and he had 2.

The spec is a good car but there are some really cocky ass drivers out there that have them and they think that they own the streets. They deserve to get kicked int he face. I'm not a cocky guy w/ my spec because I don't race and shiit.

I know you guys ragg on the spec but its cool. hehe I have respect for it and stuff. It is an econobox and since its an entry level car the build quality is going to suck, esp when my car is made in mexico . But all in all I'm happy w/ my buy. I love the torque that it has and thats what made me fall in love with it. I would like a lot more top end, but the torque is good for me.

personally I think the Spec is better match up with the rsx-s rather than the Si. I'm not ragging on you guys, but the spec does have a little more power.

Oh and Spec-Vagina...bwahahahaha i love it.

P.S. I'm not a troll :D

Oh and thanks for the quote Potator!:D
    Last edited by limp_noodle; 06-16-2003 at 06:46 PM.

Originally posted by !@#$%
    15 sec 1/4 miles are quick relative to what we have. Spec V is still just a sentra and our si's are still just civics. I'm sure the spec v kills the GXE models and our si's beat the EX's. Look at it this way.....

Going to the track is fun....we just have fun for a longer time than others. lol :D
    Yea ghettoprettie is right, I'm one horrible driver. I always mis-shift 3rd hear. Its been labledmy "evil" gear.

people w/ the '02 specs have horrible expereiences with thier trannsmisions.

How does this sound:

Shift from 2-3..*griiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnd*

its pretty bad.:(

Originally posted by limp_noodle
    Oh and thanks for the quote Potator!:D
    Lol, no problem. My friend's got a red 02 SPV, and damn, that thing's got some power right from the start. It rockets out from a stop much faster than our EPs. About a month or two ago, he raced another friend of ours with an 03 black Celica GT 5 spd. He killed that Celica and even gave him an advantage by starting at 2nd gear, lol.
    Nice car, and hope to see some pics of it soon. ;)

-potator

Originally posted by potator
    Nice car, and hope to see some pics of it soon. ;)

-potator
    You want pic...you got 'em ;)

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...ght=limpnoodle

I think spec-v's are badassss!!!!! I love the way they look the headlights look kind of like a R33 skylines in a way. I think if they made this car 2 door it would prob kick the Ep's ass pretty good also to mention it has a bigger motor than our car. I would be pretty hesitant to race one of these cars if it pulled up to me at alight!!

Originally posted by KimchiBoy_TypeR
    I would be pretty hesitant to race one of these cars if it pulled up to me at alight!!
    Blah don't be hesitant. You never know what would happened if you never tried. its worth a shot.

I can set the record straight about Spec-V's versus SI(R)'s.

I owned a 2002 Silver Nissan Spec-V for 9 months. The car is a great price and has awesome stock performance with 180 f/Torque AND a Helical Limited Slip AND nice sticky 215/45/17 Contisport rubber.
    There is NO question that it is faster than the stock EP. Tire shredding power in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I ran the 1/4 mile in 14.9 to 15.2 repeatedly.
    But there are problems.
    Tons of Torque steer, a 6200 RPM redline, a cluncky gearbox and questionable Mexican assembly.
    I got rid of the car when I noticed a paint defect. There were darker spots in the Silver paint on 8 of the 13 panels. In the bright sun, it looked like a Dalmation from certain angles. The dealership was willing to repaint the whole car, BUT who wants there NEW car repainted when it only has 9000KM on it?
    So I traded it away to a local Honda dealer for a new 2002 SIR and I've never looked back. My dealership even through in a Lifetime Paint and Rust Warranty.
    My SIR is 8 months old with 11000KM on it and is in perfect condition with no defects so far.

I'll stick with Honda, unless a WRX STI comes my way.
    Thanks for listening.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information